Advice for a noob guys?
    Tech Mentor

Default Advice for a noob guys?

Hi guys, after months of reading up, research and what not, I've set my mind on buying a kontrol s4. Thanks for everyones help at DJTT's forum so far!

But i have a couple of questions, im gonna buy a windows laptop about 1-2 months down the road (im used to windows and i im waiting for diablo 3 ), should i purchase my s4 now and run it on my desktop? or should i just wait until after i get my laptop? (which will be my final setup)

and would a pair of krk 5's be too powerful for a bedroom dj? do u guys have any other suggestions?

im going to use my westone 1s as my "headphones" for now, cause i just bought em for personal use and to save cost. Any positive/negative opinions on that guys?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    Hi guys, after months of reading up, research and what not, I've set my mind on buying a kontrol s4. Thanks for everyones help at DJTT's forum so far!

But i have a couple of questions, im gonna buy a windows laptop about 1-2 months down the road (im used to windows and i im waiting for diablo 3 ), should i purchase my s4 now and run it on my desktop? or should i just wait until after i get my laptop? (which will be my final setup)

and would a pair of krk 5's be too powerful for a bedroom dj? do u guys have any other suggestions?

im going to use my westone 1s as my "headphones" for now, cause i just bought em for personal use and to save cost. Any positive/negative opinions on that guys?

Thanks!
    Personally i'd buy the S4 right now and start mixing. However that's me, and if I didn't DJ I wouldn't know what to do. A Windows based PC is fine. And the KRK 5s are perfect. I use the KRK 6s for bedroom DJing atm.

Tech Guru

agree with the guy above, get it as soon as and start mixing, any speakers that allow you to hear what your playing will do, i have some shitty sub from lidl's and some pc speakers and they do just fine, its only to see if itll sound right not to have a full blown party too, pc based setups are fine for practise, ive seen a few clubs around dublin that have pc installations with either traktor or serato so the lads just bring there harddrives and play, but yeah get it as soon as and practise practise practise and practise some more
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

+1 get it now and practice
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys! I got a qns though, say i beatgrid and set all my cue points etc etc. for all my tracks on the desktop, how will i go about moving all of them to my laptop in the future? is it under some file in my computer which i can also copy over or?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    Thanks guys! I got a qns though, say i beatgrid and set all my cue points etc etc. for all my tracks on the desktop, how will i go about moving all of them to my laptop in the future? is it under some file in my computer which i can also copy over or?
    Yeah or you can export the playlist by right clicking on it and directly copying it into another computers traktor playlist.

But take note before you beatgrid / analyse them try and put them all into any audio file format apart from .m4a as some computers may not have iTunes installed and you need the Apple Client to play these songs, otherwise they become corrupt (N)

Happy Spinning
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

When you get the new computer you'll move the entire Native Instruments folder you the new computer and that will carry everything over. You may have to change the location for the music in preferences, but that should only be done once.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Want to save money, getting an s4 straight away wont. Get a vci, a2dj n those krk 5s are must as u will be able to listen even very wrong transitions. You can find a blemished krk( if u dont care) for cheap. Cheers!

And, just to note, Diablo 3 is slated for a Mac release as well. Blizzard is one of the big companies that releases their games for both Mac and PC. So if being able to play Diablo 3 is a deciding factor on a Windows laptop...

I know I'm going to be looking forward to playing it on my Mac :P
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter