To all the hip hop guys out there.... Mixtrain?! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'd be into this too

nickel - Not exactly.. I'll explain in this post shortly...

sherlock - getting closer...

TVo14 - Old skool is awesome! I'm akin to more hip hop.... not "rap"... heh..

photojojo - And you basically hit the nail on the head there.

jprime - if you want in, it's done...

Alright, so let's do a little more explainin' here....

One person starts out the entire mix.. Which I'll go ahead and work on in the next couple days since I just got 2 off (hopefully).

I'll setup a dropbox folder that will be shared with everyone in the mixtrain so you can all see and hear the progress and get some ideas brewin' for your set.

After my set is finished I will upload it to dropbox and send the next person an e-mail to download it and begin his work.

The way I ask for everyone to work is either simply use the last minute or so of the previous person's set to mix into, or just let it play out and start yours anew. Then when you are finished simply upload only your new section to the dropbox and let myself and the next person in line know. I will splice everyone's section together, make sure all the levels are proper throughout the entire mix, and give it a little bit of a "mastering" to it. Audio engineering is my day job, so trust it will be a pro job.

The next person does not need to wait for me to get the spliced version uploaded to begin work on his section, and please try to keep the turnaround to under a week's time. If it is your time and something comes up, that's all good, just let us know. We might just have someone else work their section that week and then you come back the following one.

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to answer any of them. True e-mail is probably better to get in touch with me so you can reach me at tretuna@gmail.com if you have an urgent questions.

I'm going to update the first post of this thread with all of this info now.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Never mind, for some reason I can't edit the first post I made... So I've started a new thread for the mix itself. Please goto http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...960#post283960 For continuing information on this mixtrain!

Moderator, you can close this thread....
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123