DUBSTEP, 140, or 70

View Poll Results: Dubstep, 140, or 70, 170 or 85, ect

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll

14 18.18%

63 81.82%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default DUBSTEP, 140, or 70

hey guys im curious what everyone is beatgridding the majority of there dubstep to, i guess technically its 140 bpm (maybe im wrong), but i like running it all at 70 personally

Tech Wizard

It really doesn't matter which way it's beat gridded. It will beatmatch perfectly fine.

I let traktor scan the bpm, then just clean up the gridding a little bit.

Tech Guru

depends how you want the timing of your looping and fx to be.

70 you'll have longer fx/loops intervals, double time 140 you'll have shorter fx/loops intervals.

Ask theory to Chime in. He rocks dubstep hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Wizard

I spin dubstep at 140. Dunno why but I've always done it that way and it's worked. For some tracks I have to double up to 280 believe it or not because Traktor thinks the first down beat is 1/2 a beat off. I'm too lazy to change the grid haha.
    Atac Dubstep soundcloud. Thick, melodic dubstep!

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Ask theory to Chime in. He rocks dubstep hard.

i suppose it really doesnt matter as long as youre consistent.

i used to run it at 70, and for the life of me i cant remember what problem i ran into that i needed to use it at 140. i think it was something with the beat count. i really cant remember, sorry.

i think its easier to think about it at 140 because im not really listening just to the kick really, so seeing it at 70 and the grid at 70 just throws me off.

if you do switch to 140 (i recommend you do if you havnt gridded to many tracks yet.) it will take some getting used to seeing so many more grid lines, but it wont be too much of a bother after a while.

ive also started using the most zoomed in choice for the wave forms, so if you can deal with the faster speed then you wont have to worry about all the lines.

each only takes a few hours of play time to get used to.
    Last edited by theory28; 05-01-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

140 for dub, 175 (zone) for drum step.

Makes mashing with breaks and dnb easier

Btw, who remembers my anti-dubstep rantings? Yeah, 'will they blend' caused a change of heart

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I use 140 because it gives me better control over the beat. If I want to change the song up a bit i'll "drum" with the beatmasher, using my MF to control the values of the beatmasher and repeating like that. It's fun stuff.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

yeah, i forgot to mention. LFOs and stuff will be WAY to slow at 140 if youre playing a brosteppy track.
    and with the more chilled stuff it might almost sound like youre turning down the volume slowly
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

is House music 130

or 65??

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast