Most Successful Performance Evar!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Successful Performance Evar!

Well last night was the Battle of the Bands at my High School which consists of 5 other schools coming on campus and performing their best acts, and we perform our best. I performed a mashup of Sweet Shop and Sierra Leone. Needless to say I got a auditorium full of Adults with high social standards (ie. Not Getting Up and Dancing to Strange WUB WUB WUB Music) get up and dance to strange WUB WUB WUB Music. Along with that I've been promoting Dubstep at my school for the last year or so and a large majority of the student population goes nuts when the more popular of the dubstep songs came on. Well...I mashed up two of the school's most popular dubstep songs and was really rocking the crowd. The Judges didn't really feel it, mainly because they simply weren't musical people, they were just the school presidents from each of the schools participating, and none of them liked EDM, but it's cool.

Still it was probably the best feeling I've had so far in mixing, and the amount of love and props that I got after the performance was ridiculous. I got asked by around 50 people out of our total school population of 250 for the audio file of the mashup, and got approached by a parent who helps with one of the clubs in Santa Barbara who said that I mixed better than most of the DJs who play in the club he works for do, and that when I get older I should come and talk to him again about getting gigs.

I've been basically on a cloud for the last 20 hours...But I have an AP in 20 more hours that's gonna rock me right down. Either way, I hope you enjoyed my gloating (lol) but I just wanted to share.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

epic fucking win!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Great job!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yep. is THE shit! Good for you! Don't give up!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Lol. Why Thank You! Yeah, I'm really pumped, just have to study my ass off for this AP Envi Sci Exam. Then I'm Golden...Ean Golden. (Sorry, just couldn't resist.)
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Wizard

That EPIC!!!!!
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

Bad ass, congrats!

Congrats man !
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    epic fucking win!

This!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast