[ot] anybody into latin music?

Default [ot] anybody into latin music?

this is half a track ID thread half a discussion.

Im half dominican so I grew up with my moms side of the family listening to merengue, bachata, and reggaeton. I never really was into it when I was younger but I started to like it when I went to DR for a month to visit family years ago (Santo Domingo is the place to be by the way). anyways, anyone into this stuff besides me and have any good songs to listen to?

also, I work with these Guatemalan guys and they are always playing random mixes off the stereo. Its nice because its something to dance around to while im working but today something caught my ear. So I took the CD home and put into my computer but to my not surprise, theres no ID tags on the disk. Its the beat that comes in around 8:00 right after the backspin. if anyone can ID this that would be great because I think its a killer beat.

It kind of just sounds like a loop. From where, I'm not sure, but I bet if you just asked them what the song was they would be more than happy to answer.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    It kind of just sounds like a loop. From where, I'm not sure, but I bet if you just asked them what the song was they would be more than happy to answer.
    lol that was the first thing I did.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like it, but Im not the most knowledgeable about it. JesC is your man when it comes to this I think. He'll be along shortly I'm sure.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Don't recognise it seems indeed like a loop. You might wanna look into this site for new latin music.

http://www.lomaximoproductions.com/tops.php

If i stumble into the loop, i'll let you know
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Wizard

I couldnt recognize it either. Glad to see fellow dominicans in here.
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

In general, not listening to latin music as much as I'd like to but after a quiet decade, I am again being pressured into taking salsa lessons. And I think I will this time

(also : I'm sorry, I can't help you ID that loop either)

Quote Originally Posted by DjSpekz View Post
    I couldnt recognize it either. Glad to see fellow dominicans in here.
    whenever I meet a fellow Dominican its like meeting family