Things that can hold speakers other than speaker stands... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sebastiannz

cinder blocks ftw. i got 3.5 for each speaker (the .5 is half a cinder block just go to your local building materials place... they call them placemakers in new zealand. they'll have a big storage area out the back full of building shit, and ask for cinder blocks.

have fun hauling them to your car and then room :P

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Duct taping up some milk crates will do it. As will hammering together some planks of wood and gluing down some foam for a little more security at the top. Shouldn't cost that much money.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

I made some before for an event hall in an old hotel, i got a few lengths of 2x2 inch timber and mdf panels and just cut 8 peices around 4 ft, (4 for each) spaced them out and screw to the mdf, sprayed them with black spray paint and found offcuts of carpet underlay to place under to stop movement think rhe materials cost like 20 euro in a builders yard and looked pretty good after, also made proper mdf cabinets for a club instalation but that will cost a fair bit more and more work goes into it
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

craigslist.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    yeah so i would love an immediate response so i can get this doen today, i just got a new booth for my equipment but i cant dish out upwards of 63$ for speakers stands so does annnyyyyyoonnneeee have a better (cheaper) more creative idea? ive seen some pictures using those concrete block things (im not stupid just cant remember the name lol) [CINDER BLOCKS... ha i remember] but i cant seem to find any pictures now, and i wouldnt know how to copy that anyways. so help would be awesome!

also needs to be from ground to my chest level (im 6'1 so approximately 5'---)
    a person

a donkey

or the troupe from the 'can't wait to be king' number in lion king

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

milk crates work well
    Spawnafunk(GHETTO SMURF)
    MPD 24,X1,Numark x9,Alesis M1 active,Sony Vaio,Audio dj 6,Traktor Pro 2,and an empty wallet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12