Only 9 hour left until..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Only 9 hour left until..

I can get lost in Komplete..

On a side note I probably shpuld have waited until I finished my community service, I don't see myself leaving the house for the be t few days, lol..
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

*9 hours* install time? WTF? Seriously?? I don't even think my hard drive is big enough to take 9 hours to fill
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    *9 hours* install time? WTF? Seriously?? I don't even think my hard drive is big enough to take 9 hours to fill
    Lol, it's going down way faster, but 12 DVDs with what seems like over 6gigs per cd. I'm on installation try #2 disc 3 after the first install froze on disk 5.. :-(

It's taking around 5-7min per disc though.. I'm glad I didn't try and download this, haha..

SOB!! It keeps failing the install after inserting Kontact 4: Disc B by saying there is nothing on the disk to install, but it asks me for it, and I also checked to make sure it has packages on it and it does.. Grrr..

I just rebooted my computer and am trying again but if it bugs out again over an hour into the installation forcing me to start all over i am going to go crazy!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    SOB!! It keeps failing the install after inserting Kontact 4: Disc B by saying there is nothing on the disk to install, but it asks me for it, and I also checked to make sure it has packages on it and it does.. Grrr..

I just rebooted my computer and am trying again but if it bugs out again over an hour into the installation forcing me to start all over i am going to go crazy!!!
    Have you tried power-cycling your router?

***Clarification***
    When I worked phone tech support for a local ISP this was the go to thing we would have the customer do if we wanted to get them off the phone, IE they called right before lunch.

"So everything on your screen is really big? Well powercycle your router, wait 5 minutes and call us back and ask for me if it doesnt work."

Hangup. Time for burgers.

I guess I'm not getting it, I already got a slice of pizza.. But what would my router have to do with me installing from discs that came in the box set I bought. Internet shouldn't even be a factor until after installation when I'm trying to register in the service center, right?

Well did the same thing.. So three times and it bunks out and gives me this error after I insert Kontakt 4: Disc B:

Last edited by m00n; 05-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Seems like this is fairly common...

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=133900

$500 for silence... Best investment i've made yet!!!

(forgive me im frustrated after spending the better part of 5 hours of installation and troubleshooting to find out 1 bad disc is keeping me from getting through the installation.)

Weird.

Umm…you should have downloaded it. If you had downloaded it, you could contact their tech support and get a hash code for the file…if it was corrupted, they could re-authorize another download. Also…installs from Hard drive -> Hard drive go faster than DVD -> hard drive because DVDs are insanely slow.

The procedure I would advise, DJTT won't let me talk about because it could be considered piracy…but it wouldn't be the first time I've had to break copyright protections to install software I paid for. I'm not saying to go download it, but…if only you had discrete chunks of disk space the size of DVDs that you could use to store the information on each of those DVDs and some kind of software that made your computer think those chunks of disk space were DVDs…that might solve the problem…if the data on that disk isn't actually that corrupted.

BTW, a normal OS X install takes me about 10 minutes.

In lieu of that, try cleaning the disk with dish soap. Don't use a rag or anything else, just put some dish soap on your fingers, run the disk under room temperature water and rub it with the soapy fingers.

Rinse it completely off and pat it dry with a lint-free cloth (normal paper towels actually work for that, just don't rub the disk with the paper towel…pat it).

Dish soap breaks-down oils that might be on it and preventing the laser from reading the disk correctly.

I'm actually amazed at how well that works for video DVDs and video games…saved a friend from buying another copy of Prototype with that the other day.

Oh…and don't put it back in the drive wet…that would be bad for obvious reasons.

And next time…just download it.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

And next time…just download it.
    lol, 90gigs, i thought i was going the smart route by getting a physical copy.. lol.

I'm going to try installing everything but the "Orchastral" stuff that is found in folders 2 & 3 on disk B of the Kontakt 4 disc. Seems other people have had lucky with this. I sent a ticket to NI, seems i got one of the bunk DVDs, although i wont know until they send me the script to check the disc..

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Seems like this is fairly common...

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=133900

$500 for silence... Best investment i've made yet!!!

(forgive me im frustrated after spending the better part of 5 hours of installation and troubleshooting to find out 1 bad disc is keeping me from getting through the installation.)
    Well, that explains the 9 hour thing. I'm actually impressed that NI software is so smart that it knew you were going to spend all that time arsing around with the router...
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast