Mixtrack vs Mixtrack Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Mixtrack vs Mixtrack Pro

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy myself a new controller. I don't want anything too expensive, so I've set my budget at about $300-$400. I'm still a beginner and this is just a hobby for me, so nothing too fancy

I've looked around and I think I'm down to either the Mixtrack or the Mixtrack Pro. Of course, if I get the Mixtrack I need a soundcard and I've seen the Audio 2 suggested a few times here.
    So it's basically
    1) Mixtrack + Audio 2 (or another soundcard)
    2) Mixtrack Pro
    3) A different controller

I'm hoping for some help in making my decision, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    GeorgeWChubby

Tech Guru

I feel like there's a new thread about this every three days.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but you can find hundreds of posts about the Mixtrack vs. Pro in these forums if you had searched first.

I'd go for the combo with the Audio 2, cos there's every chance you'll eventually want to upgrade your controller and when you do you won't have to worry about the sound card.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    I feel like there's a new thread about this every three days.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but you can find hundreds of posts about the Mixtrack vs. Pro in these forums if you had searched first.
    I did search, but I couldn't really find anything. Maybe I'm just blind.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'd go for the combo with the Audio 2, cos there's every chance you'll eventually want to upgrade your controller and when you do you won't have to worry about the sound card.
    Thanks

I'd go with the mixtrack, that way you can always upgrade your sound card to whatever you want, mixvibes, alesis, NI, whatever fits your upcoming needs.

Tech Wizard

I got the mixtrack pro cuz of my budget and tbh the usb on the mixtrack looks quite annoying, i have a nasty history with usb ports.

I also suggest getting the Mixtrack + Audio 2 combo. The usb cable isn't much of a hassle IMO. You must be very aggressive with your gear or have very bad luck in order to break it or what not... At least for me it hasn't given me any trouble in the 4 months I've had the mixtrack.

Tech Student

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go Mixtrack + Audio 2. Just a quick question: Cable-wise I'll need a phono -> 2 RCA's to connect the Mixtrack to the Audio 2, right?

Tech Wizard

i have owned a mixtrack since it came out and I have no complaints about it.
    I have the numark external sound card but that cause Im too lazy to unhook my audio4dj card from my TT's.
    With the external sound card you can use it over and over again if and when you decide to upgrade your controller.
    but honestly speaking when you upgrade your controller im sure you will be looking for a controller that has sound card intergrated already.
    I know I am/would.

as for the cables - the setup between controller and external sound card are both through the computer(controller and sound card are plugged into usb ports). you use a RCA cable from sound card to speaker/amp/

happy buying.

I have a mixtrack and it's a piece of junk. My right jogwheel was sticky right out of the box. There's no gain or filter knobs either. I personally can't wait until I can replace it because it limits my ability to get better, even with customizing the tsi.
    Coagulated Miami
    House | Electro | Trance
    Macbook Pro 13" | Mixtrack | DJio | Traktor Pro 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast