[OT] The UK referendum on electoral reform 5.5.2011

View Poll Results: Yes or no to AV? Please only vote if you (normally) live in the UK.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
  • Don't care, i won't be voting.

1 10.00%

Default [OT] The UK referendum on electoral reform 5.5.2011

I've been having an interesting debate on this over on DJForums, and since this is my favourite forum I thought I'd poll opinions. If I were in the UK at the moment, or had been able to apply for a postal vote in time, I'd be voting yes to AV.

To all you non-british folk by the way, there's a big referendum tomorrow in the UK to decide whether we change our system of elections. Pretty big stuff.

Opinions?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

If it was a vote between one or the other then id be on the no campaign, but thats not how it is in the uk, so id be pro AV, if only the BNP had their political party status removed. Racist hate fueling c**tbags.

Yes to AV, still disagree that Nick Clegg got into power after making such outrageous promises. This photo remind you of anything Nick???!!??

Why should a party which the UK didn't vote to get into power, get into power??? Doesn't make sense . . .
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

don't bother voting, so not don't see the point in voting on how i won't be voting in the future...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Mate, iv never spoke to or even seen/heard ANY of my local MP's. I will not be voting for anyone, as I don't know who it is im voting for.

The way I see it is, they will all increase fuel tax and they will all continue to ruin the NHS and the police force with silly failing target systems.

About the AV thing, I don't know a lot about it, however, during times like this I think we should be worrying about other issues and not wasting time and money on changing the way people vote. If you feel strongly about wanting a particular party in power how will choosing a second or third or fourth help? Or have I got the wrong idea?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    Mate, iv never spoke to or even seen/heard ANY of my local MP's. I will not be voting for anyone, as I don't know who it is im voting for.

The way I see it is, they will all increase fuel tax and they will all continue to ruin the NHS and the police force with silly failing target systems.

About the AV thing, I don't know a lot about it, however, during times like this I think we should be worrying about other issues and not wasting time and money on changing the way people vote. If you feel strongly about wanting a particular party in power how will choosing a second or third or fourth help? Or have I got the wrong idea?
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of democracy. People fought and died for your right to vote. Use it. Read up on the candidates. Or run yourself.

Now that most people that were in the wars are gone, it's heart breaking to see our passion for freedom slipping away. I can't even begin to express here how I feel about it.

I'm still undecided about AV. Though a ex colleague linked to this on twitter:
    http://www.psa.ac.uk/PSAPubs/TheAlte...efingPaper.pdf

Hope it helps!
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

No you aint got the wrong idea. AV means smaller parties have more chance of getting in to power as they may end up being people's 2nd or 3rd choice. In my opinion if the smaller parties were good enough more people would vote for them in the first place!! Why would you want your 2nd or 3rd choice getting into power?!

Saying that, UK politics is a bag of shit and hasn't changed significantly in over 100 years so maybe time for a change!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox