Traktor/Launchpad help on Windows

Default Traktor/Launchpad help on Windows

Hi,

I've been using a laptop running Windows 7 I've recently obtained. Specs are fine (2GHz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM). It runs Traktor Pro 2 perfectly.

However, in using the 4 USB ports of the laptop plugging in (direct, no hubs) a 500gb 2.5" external hard drive, Audio2DJ, VCI-100 and a Launchpad.

With all 4 plugged in Traktor refuses to play. I tried to figure what was wrong. I've narrowed it down to the Launchpad. When it's connected, Traktor crashes on the "initializing" startup screen. When it's not connected, it starts up fine with the other 3 devices. I've also tried it in different USB ports.

I've also tried starting up and then connecting the Launchpad, but once I add the 4th .tsi files for this mapping (Launchpad Mapping), usually the TR (top right) one, Traktor crashes.

When it crashes, it creashes my entire laptop too. Any ideas?

Using it on my Dell running OSX and my Custom PC running OSX, loading the 4 .tsi files and using 'Launchpad' as the in/out for them works perfectly. Just want to try and get it running the same on this Windows laptop.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

How big is your mapping file for the launchpad, as mine crashed quite a bit until I broke town my mapping into sections (FX, loops, transport etc). You could always try that?
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

You can see the mapping in the op. It's already split into each corner section of the Launchpad.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Anyone?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you tried connecting the launchapd on it's own? Have you tried a different tsi or creating one from scratch?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah. When I have the 4 devices, including the Launchpad, connected with generic settings (no .tsi pre-loaded/imported for the Launchpad) it loads fine.

Therefore, I'm thinking it's some glitch with the .tsi for the Launchpad. Going to try a different one tonight to see what happens.

Tech Wizard

Default Did you ever resolve this

I have the very same issue. Did a factory reset and loaded traktor with only the standard keyboard mapping, same thing. Tried to start traktor in administrator mode, now it works for about 30 sec. and then freezes.

Lenovo T500
    Intel I3 dual 2.8ghz
    4gb ram
    Windows 7 pro 64bit

Jeppe Johansen

Tech Student

Default Did you ever resolve this

I am having the same issue - did you ever figure out a solution

i've notice on my mine that they like to be plugged into the same USB plug everytime...many times they have refused to work until i have shut down traktor and plugged the USB cords into their proper places...i haven't wavered from that since i figured it out...havent had a problem since...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal