Switching to timecode?
    Tech Wizard

Default Switching to timecode?

Say, I use a Maya44 USB audio card with Traktor 3.3 now... If I wanted to go with a timecode system, what would I need, besides decks and timecode vinyl? Do I need to buy Traktor Scratch, or does Traktor 3.3 natively support timecode? Would Maya44 work with timecode?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You need to buy Traktor Scratch, and you need the Audio8 DJ. TraktorDj does not natively support time code.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I was reading on the NI forums that the transport buttons do not work with Traktor or TS - can anyone here confirm this and provide more information of exactly what does/does not work when using timecode ?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I was reading on the NI forums that the transport buttons do not work with Traktor or TS - can anyone here confirm this and provide more information of exactly what does/does not work when using timecode ?
    So if you're using timecode, you want to know whether or not you can still Pause, Play, etc using midi or just the mouse?

Yeah... Pause, Play, Cue pause, Cue Play and looping i would like to know about.

Tech Wizard

using traktor 3.3/traktor scratch and the audio8........

currently i play 2 different ways, with vci-100 or with turntables and mixer. in both i use trigger fingers to fire cue points, loops efx etc. all midi functionality works for transport controls as well.
    Last edited by lofi; 05-20-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Neat thats not so bad thanks for answering, i personally have not had any experience with time code just yet but i have been giving it some thought. I have a friend who is strongly considering different timecode options so hopefully it wont be too long before i do.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-20-2008 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lofi View Post
    using traktor 3.3/traktor scratch and the audio8........

currently i play 2 different ways, with vci-100 or with turntables and mixer. in both i use trigger fingers to fire cue points, loops efx etc. all midi functionality works for transport controls as well.
    +1

If anything, sometimes I bring a Trigger Finger with me for loops and FX

But you can still map and use transport controls.

I am ttrying to work in time code to test it in 3.3 and there is one really annoying bug right now. if you sync a track up while using vinyl control and then use play or cue jump to start the song over then the tempo jumps to the turntables pitch position ignoring the previously synced tempo.

other than that its working really well. Much better than FS 2.0 and Traktor 3.0

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Ean, do you have it to reset Deck Controls at start? That might do it... also, you might want to cue jump to the 2nd beat or the intro instead of the first...
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall