How many tracks do you have in your live collection?

Default How many tracks do you have in your live collection?

Jut wondering how many tracks you lot have in your 'live' collections and how they are split?

I have about 100 tracks stored into one of the playlist tabs in Traktor (above the browser) as my live tracks. I play in different places and can get away with using mostly a similar set with a few newly discovered tunes thrown into the mix. I swap things in and out often but try to keep it at about 100, with about 50-60 of them being staples/classics that I know work. I mix electro/house and cross-genre stuff (like throw in a bit of cheese, pop, older tunes, remixes etc) and it tends to be at about 128bpm. I make sure that I have about 3-5 tracks from each key (using camelot's 24 key method from 1A to 12B). Each track within each key has a slightly different 'feel' and I used the 5 star rating system within Traktor for intensity, from 1-5. This is so whatever key I'm in, I can change feel/direction of the mix.

Does this seem like a sensible approach so I don;t overburden myself with endless choice of tracks etc? Just wondering what other people's live crate setups are (rather than general crate setups, including the recent-ish thread about hifi, general and live collection, which has been mentioned lots!).

For mods, I know there posts about track maintenance and organisation etc, but I'm talking more specifically about people's live collection here, which I couldn't find anything about! (before I get flamed!)
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I import my music folders on start up so everything in iTunes is in Traktor. As far as playing goes I organize playlists before a show much like I would organize records before a show. Sometimes there's as few as 20 and as much as around 100 or so for that specific show.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I often have mines set out into warm, mid, main. I normally have 30 warm, 20 mid and 20 main just as a selection and often 5 - 10 bangers, that's about 70 tracks and i will always have that in my collection.

As time goes on i will relegate main tracks to mid then warm then out of the list unless they do work really really well then they can go from warm to main again!

I use this for underground (tech-house/house/pro/electro) and commercial (top40/semi underground stuff)