Winning at Facebook. Maximum coverage?
    Tech Guru

Default Winning at Facebook. Maximum coverage?

So I've successfully organised and rocked my first party of the summer. Got a load of photo's of the night. I want as many people to see them on facebook as poss (especially other bars and clubs in the area who am friends with on facebook already). What would you say is the best way for as many peeps to see the success of the night without them being missed in peoples news feed due to other peeps posting stuff and my album moving down the page?

I am going to set up a facebook group for the night as the boss has said he wants it to be a regular thing. I am posting pictures in batches of about 15-20 pics over the course of about 4 days instead of boshing them all at once.

Any other techniques people know of?

Thanks in advance

only way i can think of is by tagging them (the bars/clubs/promoters) in the photos

that way all their friends will see them also. but i frown upon spamming like that. it messes up my usually clean feed!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    only way i can think of is by tagging them (the bars/clubs/promoters) in the photos
    THIS

tag regualry nights at clubs and stuff (if its the same club you hosting even better)

as after the weekend people will log on to facebook see pics from "a club" that they might be in then if its your picks and they look rocking they will go to that night,just don't go too crazy

Tech Guru

that way all their friends will see them also. but i frown upon spamming like that. it messes up my usually clean feed!!
    Yeah I've been tagging, and friends have started tagging. But I really want other venues in the area to see them so that a. they think "shit, we got competition", and b. they think "that dude knows how to throw a party, maybe we should get him to do one at our place". I obviously dont want to just randomly tag them in the photo's cos then they'll think I'm being a dick, trying to rub it in their face kinda thing. I guess its a case of hoping they'll see em.

Have a profile picture competition, and wall advertising competition. At the club we play at, every week running up to Friday they have a free entry for you +2 competition if you make you add a specific event page, make the profile picture of the flyer, and they put a status with the event page link and tag the name in it.

It works a treat and triples the number originally coming a few weeks before. Plus its not you spamming its them

Also the club where we play they have a flyering permit so literally the town is covered in flyers / stickers
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

I hate when people tag me in shit that has nothing to do with me! so fusterating...

1: do not make a group, make a page instead. Groups are made for no more than 100 people, you have much more options with pages.
    2: It's actually against FB policy to host contests directly on facebook. The way to do it is to have the contest on a separate site, and link to it. Some friends of mine got their page (more than 1K likes) deleted over just that, be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I hate when people tag me in shit that has nothing to do with me! so fusterating...
    what i hate more is when people tag me in their check ins! (half the time im not even with them in the first place)

what i hate more is when people tag me in their check ins! (half the time im not even with them in the first place)
    hmmm....

hehehe...

edit; tag won't hold... bugger...

and now to add something useful.... erm... tbh with what's been said i can't think of much more tbh...
    Last edited by BradCee; 05-07-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    hmmm....

hehehe...

edit; tag won't hold... bugger...

and now to add something useful.... erm... tbh with what's been said i can't think of much more tbh...
    i turned my tagging options off a few weeks ago to prevent people from tagging me in checkins