Controllers like Xone 1d?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Controllers like Xone 1d?

Hey guys!

I am a beginner DJ for those who don't know and after practicing in my room, playing out live a couple times, I THINK I have decided on what my "ideal" setup should look like.

I already have an X1, Audio 2 DJ and I am going to buy a XONE 22 or Nuo 2.0. The last thing I want is ???

The ??? is the part of me that wants a jogwheel so I can seek through tracks easily. I have a BCD3000, but that will take up a bit of room once I get my mixer, and I suppose I can use my Kontrol X1, but it doesn't feel right.

So I am wondering if anyone can tell me of other controllers out there like the Xone 1d. The 1d looks pretty cool, but a.) the price is too much for my purposes and b.) I don't need all those encoders/faders. I also want something that is of decent quality, though.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nales; 05-06-2011 at 04:30 PM.

For a cheap good, mixer(actually very good as guys down here say) you can use the denon x120 and for decks u can use denon dnsc2000 or check out this one
    digitaldjtips.com/2011/05/review-dj-tech-vtt-101-mini-usb-scratch-controller/
    dont go by the review. there was a similar thread not 3-4 days ago but can't find it. Someone owns those vtts and he says its good!

Hey thanks! I am set on either an Xone 22 or Ecler Nuo 2.0 for my mixer, so I'm not worried about that. But the denons look interesting ... need to check those out. The TT101 is actually all I need, but the thing is so damn ugly! And why would they put the usb/power ports on the side???

Thanks! Any other options?

i have had 2 xone1Ds and i love them built like tanks they are really cheap now 2nd hand i would go for them over the NI X1's anyday (and i own both x1 and 1d)

used xone1d +1
    other options are dj tech kontrol one or better start saving for a reloop contour.

Yea, the 1D's are sexy. Pawn off your A2DJ and get a 2D to have one less usb and thing to worry about (what I did).
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Yea, the 1D's are sexy. Pawn off your A2DJ and get a 2D to have one less usb and thing to worry about (what I did).
    Is the sound quality just as good? I have always been under the impression that I should always keep my Audio DJ... am I just being naive?

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    Is the sound quality just as good? I have always been under the impression that I should always keep my Audio DJ... am I just being naive?
    I haven't noticed a difference (I actually had a A2DJ). It's def loud enough and I didn't notice the difference on some top notch JBL DJ speakers pumping volume for 300 people or so. It's Allen and Heath after all (I trust them more than NI due to their involvement in pro audio). I imagine it's as good as the Xone 4D, so that means it powered DeadMau5 concerts for a while.

On the fence on a 2D. They're very nice. I assume if you're used to shifting, you could easily use one for 2 decks, and whatever they've got in the club (CDJ) as a third. I suck at shifting though. My mind wanders too much.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    On the fence on a 2D. They're very nice. I assume if you're used to shifting, you could easily use one for 2 decks, and whatever they've got in the club (CDJ) as a third. I suck at shifting though. My mind wanders too much.
    I would throw in a Xone 1d with it for full control. Or a midifighter... Or three.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast