Consolidate all forums into one big one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Consolidate all forums into one big one?

I appreciate the fact that the forum is split into four different sections, but I don't think our community is so large that so many divisions are required. Personally, I feel that we should have two forums - one would be related to everything about digital DJ'ing (i.e. General) and the other would be the Off-Topic where we post about whatever.

I'm suggesting this system because I've been posting on another forum since 2001 that follows the same layout. It works exceedingly well because you will see all threads as there are only two forums, and in turn, hopefully you'll receive more replies per thread and less duplicate threads.

How does everyone else feel? Just curious as to what everyone's thoughts are on the issue, not trying to change the world here! IMO this is a great community, it seems rather tight which makes sense considering how niche it is right now I suppose.

I agree- less forums means more collective thought. We are basically all talking about the same thing anyway here. Then again, there have been some requests for more sub forums but personally I dont think that is a good idea.

What would the 2 forums be called and what would they each focus on?

It seems like rolling the digital dj gear section into general discussion might be the only way to do any consolidation right now. What do you think of that?

Tech Wizard

how about a general one, a software one, and a hardware one. I don't think anything else would be needed. maybe?

...or roll hardware and gen.together is ok,it appears to almost be the same content at this point anyways.
    Last edited by lofi; 05-21-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Tech Mentor

I'd call them...

Digital DJ Forum
    Off-Topic Forum

...something to that effect (note, we don't even have a designated off-topic forum yet, where we can talk about...what we ate last night, or whatever :P).

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    I'd call them...

Digital DJ Forum
    Off-Topic Forum

...something to that effect (note, we don't even have a designated off-topic forum yet, where we can talk about...what we ate last night, or whatever :P).
    ...lol, are you serious? I don't think we really need that?
    And if people really does, it should be named "Spam Forum"

Tech Mentor

I'm completely serious, all major forums have Off-Topic forums. The Off-Topic is great for bringing the community closer together, there's no denying that.

Spam can be eliminated through vigilant moderation and registration procedures.

Well I agree with you miyiru, having the freedom to talk about anything and everything is great, but if i understood your suggestion correctly it would be to consolidate the forums. Right now we can only really loose one forum, the gear forum, so adding another one in its place wont really consolidate too much.

Any other suggestions?

yea i agree, i want to show everyone my new shoes but feel silly putting it into any of the existing threads. you could just have two main forums, an anything-goes one and a music-talk one. the music talk one could then be split into the neccesary elements of our art. without that freedom to chat about personal stuff our culture is suffocated :eek:

I do not know about anyone else but i like the hardware thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast