buiding playlists
    Tech Wizard

Default buiding playlists

First off let me say I'm way out of date. I'm still using Traktor 1.0.2.011
    I have 3 gigs a week and had a bad upgrade experience once and had to revert in a panic to be ready for a show. So I stick with what has been stable for me.

If I am going through the track collection and dragging songs to a particular playlist it seems that the track collection jumps back to the top most but not all of the time. I then have to scroll back down to find where I was.

It seems that the reason traktor does this is that it switches to the view of that particular playlist so you can drop that song in the particular position you want. Mostly when I put a playlist together I do not care about the order when adding songs. I just want to put a bunch in a playlist together.

Sometimes It stays in the view of the track collection and does not jump back. I wonder if there is something subtle I am doing differently those times when I drag and drop.

Can't say I've had an issue with this, but I think that's more a function of my workflow. I tend to manage my playlists more in iTunes and then import them. If I remember correctly, there are some keystrokes you can use to add songs to playlists instead of dragging and dropping - I'd try that. As to how to do this, I'm posting from my iPhone so I'm going to have to say RTFM :/.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I can't duplicate that problem. You can map a key to add to preparation list, but I don't think you can map a control to add to a specific playlist.

Why don't you download the demo for T2 and see how it works for you? You can only run it for 30 minutes at a time, but a few times like that at home would let you figure it out enough to go ahead and upgrade. Even after that you can run your old version until your confident in the new one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

i've not had this problem pal sorry.

i've been using itunes playlists but as im playing tracks i like to put a star rating on them.i cant do this with these playlists in traktor.any suggestions?.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you import the playlists into Traktor you can add stars then.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm using iTunes for my playlists now too. I used to use Traktor, but bugs/glitches forced me to erase my collection. Now I just have it in iTunes and import into Traktor. I highlight all tracks that have been put into playlists already to keep track of them (I have almost 400 gigs of music). Also, it helps in case I have to jump onto a Serato setup. Keeps everything workable on most platforms.

Tech Wizard

Default thanks

Thanks, I did check the manual and that is how this version of Traktor is supposed to behave.

photojojo's suggestion of mapping a key to add to the preparation playlist seems like a very good one that I can use to solve my problem.

looking at the key mappings the factory map already has it.
    you can add to any of the favorites playlist by shift and a function key :-)

Tech Mentor

cheers guys.