Japanese Trance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Trance

Default Japanese Trance

I been wondering where I can buy some anime trance tracks since I might have a gig at an anime con here this year and would find it fun to mix anime trance at an anime con but cant seem to find anything other than EXIT Trance mix albums
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Search for J-pop? Jet set radio future soundtrack is a good one if you can find it (I got it )
    Or maybe j-trance? I dunno seems to be stick a j in front and it appears...?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Also, beatman and ludmilla did an epic remix of ghost in the shell theme. think it still on Juno download.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Search for J-pop? Jet set radio future soundtrack is a good one if you can find it (I got it )
    Or maybe j-trance? I dunno seems to be stick a j in front and it appears...?
    LMAO I didnt even think of trying that!

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    Also, beatman and ludmilla did an epic remix of ghost in the shell theme. think it still on Juno download.
    Thanks ill look it up!
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

http://www.elf-music.net/

Japanese dance record label

Disclaimer: None of this is really trance, but it might help...

The JSR/JSRF soundtracks are awesome... they're missing a lot of the music from the games though. Licensing issue? It's probably of questionable legality but you can always rip some of the tracks from the actual game. There's a substantial amount. All of the tracks by Hideki Naganuma are in there though, if you want authentic Japanese.

The Playstation Ghost in the Shell Soundtrack is sick, but the only Japanese artist on the whole thing is Takkyu Ishino. He did the opening track which has a dope animated sequence with Kusanagi and a couple of Tachikomas. The track is hard as nails, btw. Funfact: I still have the double LP on vinyl -- the cover is different from the one listed at Amazon.

Original:

Here it is. This should probably go in the gearpr0n thread.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/anijyan#p/a/u/2/7RHzAFWWILo"]YouTube - anijyan's Channel[/ame]

There are (or should I say were?) several home grown artists in the late 90's early 00's that have since faded out of the spotlight, not exactly adapting to bedroom producing, which is a damn shame. Go to Beatport and do an artist search for "Shinkawa" and you'll find one track on Nucleuz he remixed. It qualifies as trance, despite the disclaimer. He also did a remix of Flotations years ago, which is available on promo vinyl only, if I'm not mistaken . If you're not adverse to buying CDs from Japan which can get costly, I could make some lists.

Other than that, you're probably limited to anime soundtracks and as suggested, J-Pop through various venues: none of which will work digitally if you want to actually buy the tracks. Japan's iTunes store probably has some but you'd need a Japanese credit card to get them. Not sure of the quality either. If you're dying for some, there are proxy's for Yahoo Japan auctions (Shameless plug: I run one) but the fees make it a bit pricey unless you buy like, a stack of CDs from one user.

EDIT: Genki Rockets. I believe there are western versions of the couple of singles they (?) put out. Question mark as I'm not sure how you classify a girl from space whom has never been to Earth. The tracks are in English, but they are Japanese productions (and there are trancey remixes).

Tech Convert

look up Ayumi Hamasaki.

She's pretty much the queen of J-Pop and her albums are all pretty much dance music. What you're looking for are her remix albums. Look up the Ayu-mi-X and Ayu-Trance albums. She has a ton of them.. pretty much a remix album for every one of her regular artist albums and they all feature top-of-the-game producers / djs like Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, Alex M.O.R.P.H, BT, etc as well as some dirty house remixes from people like MSTRKRFT, The Young Punx, Armand van Helden, etc.

Also: Look up Shinichi Osawa. He has a 2-disc album out called TEPPAN-YAKI which is a collection of all his prolific remix work. The first disc features his remixes for all the badass electro / house DJs and the 2nd disc features his remixes for Japanese artists. The 2nd disc has a ton of what you'd like to spin I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatharas View Post
    look up Ayumi Hamasaki.

She's pretty much the queen of J-Pop and her albums are all pretty much dance music. What you're looking for are her remix albums. Look up the Ayu-mi-X and Ayu-Trance albums. She has a ton of them.. pretty much a remix album for every one of her regular artist albums and they all feature top-of-the-game producers / djs like Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, Alex M.O.R.P.H, BT, etc as well as some dirty house remixes from people like MSTRKRFT, The Young Punx, Armand van Helden, etc.

Also: Look up Shinichi Osawa. He has a 2-disc album out called TEPPAN-YAKI which is a collection of all his prolific remix work. The first disc features his remixes for all the badass electro / house DJs and the 2nd disc features his remixes for Japanese artists. The 2nd disc has a ton of what you'd like to spin I'd think.
    Lol Even I know of her! Her stuff is amazing. I havent heard of Shinich though thanks.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Look up yoji and Remo-con, they play some nice tech trance with a Japanese flavour
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast