F*cked it up?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F*cked it up?

Tech Mentor

Default F*cked it up?

Yesterday i was at a birthday party from a girl who just turned 18, the DJ cancelled and they actually asked me to spin. I went picking up my setup while some others were getting the PA.

It was a really weird crowd, 3/4 wanted Top40, 1/4 did crazy requests like Linkin Park, or Defqon. I decided to go with the Top40. The mixing went good, but there were only like 40 people, they liked the music but nobody was in the mood to dance, also the room was way to big for those 40 people. At the end i got compliments from most of the people there but still ive got the feeling i fucked up. Any advice what i could do better next time?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yesterday i was at a birthday party from a girl who just turned 18
    but still ive got the feeling i fucked up.
    So you didn't get lucky huh

Tech Mentor

Well, with the girl i did got lucky . Also, the other girls at the party seemed to like Mr.DJ

If you accept a gig that's going to be rubbish no matter what you do, there's no real point in critiquing what you did because your mistake was taking the gig...

...unless you count your tryst with the hostess a success in which case... it was a success!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

small group in an oversize room, never seems to work unless they're completely hammered. i speak from both sides of the booth here

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Shame you cant have as much inuendo fun about jogwheels as 12' inches of goodness

If you got decent comments job done, rooms that are too big are just a plain pain, no-one dances unless they are hammered and its just down to not playing too loud or too offensive - AKA damage control

but still ive got the feeling i fucked up.
    Against a wall was it

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    small group in an oversize room, never seems to work unless they're completely hammered. i speak from both sides of the booth here
    Totally agree,you could have the best lineup and the atmosphere will most likely be terrible!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    totally agree... on both accounts

Tech Mentor

Well, i think you guys are right, when i have part and nobody's dancing, and i'm not drunk, i will probably not dance at first . And when the room is big, people are going to form groups, that sucks .

Well I know 1 gig that I might get wont really have people dancing at all but if it goes well I will get some good tips. Some people just want a dj for an ipod purpose.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast