[OT] Not a DJ mix

Default [OT] Not a DJ mix

I could explain but ill just copy and paste the article straight from mishka where i found it:

"There’s this Tiki bar down the street from my apartment that opened like a year ago. I was all excited when it opened because it seemed like a cool place for me to go and pretend I was Coconut Pete from Club Dread (my swagger Bill Paxton), but they played hipster ass music and everyone was drinking Heinekens instead of froofy shit with rum in it. I wish they had had this mix to play. Everything would’ve gotten a lot slinkier. It was put together by our buddy Denman, and it’s totally awesome.

It’s part of a new mix series he’s doing called Not A DJ Mix. He’s gonna explore a host of eclectic sounds that are totally underrepresented in the mix world, like Exotica! Each one will be totally different, so you never know what kind of goodness you’re going to get, and they’ll be hosted on his new blog Error-Vizion. Yay for friends doin’ it real good. Listening to this I felt like that one meme, because at first I was like “huh” but then I LOL’d. And by LOL’d I mean got totally into it. Seriously, why don’t people still make this shit? Get it here. I’m gonna go hunt down a tiny umbrella…"

It is an extremely well done mix with some awesome music in it. What do you guys think about just mixing music you like that isnt necessarily edm of any sort? Nick Catchdubs has been doing it for a while now and it seems to flow pretty well, but Exotica is really off the beaten path you know? and yeah i commented on it already because some of the songs are just insane with the congas

Heres the mix if you want to give a listen:

i like. keep me updated. i love this sort of shit. pretty sure mr photojojo will too. downloading now for the ipod.

many thanks

yeah, looking forward to checking this out.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    i like. keep me updated. i love this sort of shit. pretty sure mr photojojo will too. downloading now for the ipod.

many thanks
    You sir are correct!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You sir are correct!!!
    i know you better than you!

its not often you find someone with a common musical interest on a predominantly EDM related board.