midi mixer brainstorming

Default midi mixer brainstorming

i built myself a midi fighter clone out of a usb game pad(16 buttons and 4 potentiometers), and want to built a second device to use as a mixer something simple like the m-audio x-session pro. id like to know what possible pcboard from what device i could use that would contain minimum 5 potentiometers and 4 buttons

thanks!

Tech Guru

2 xbox controllers could give you like 8 potentiometers and 30 buttons. plus, you can wire one controller to another I've heard.. that way you have 2 devices running through only 1 usb port.

theres a couple of threads here about this already
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

The thing is i havent found the right software to convert hid to midi without having too much lag. Curently im converting the buttons to keyboard strokes. Becausqe there is less lag and im converting the 4 knobs in midi with rejoice ( the only software that converts pov)

ive heard that arduinos had a coding that could transform inputs into midi, what arduino would be good for what i want to do?

any arduino will do, deumilanov or uno or if you want 54 I/Os then arduino mega2560 or 1280.

You could probably do it with a 1st gen Korg Nanokontrol. You can pick them up for next to nothing then rewire the connections to better faders. It sends midi out of the box and has loads of faders and knobs (and buttons for that matter).

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Ah yes that's the one I was thinking of!

hmm yeah could work, but for now im still with the brainstorming, untill theres some money in my bank account ^^