Traktor Pro Issues Caused by Processor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro Issues Caused by Processor?

Hi there,

I'm trying to rack my brain as to why my laptop is simply not able to handle Traktor Pro.

Could it be my processor? I'm running an Intel 1.6Ghz Dual Core with 2Gb Ram.

Would upgrading my processor help with the crashing/issues I'm experiencing with Traktor Pro?

Thanks,

Tech Wizard

u can launch it but it lags? or it crahses after a while?
    what operating system you are using?
    tell us a bit more of your system as it could be anything?
    waiting for your reply

Tech Mentor

Mire info will help. FYI don't forget trying to optimize recommendations from native instruments
    Thank Ya!!!

Yeah your going to have to be more descriptive about the symtoms you are seeing, then we might have some chance of helping you.

Alrighty...

The OS is Windows 7 beta - which is a solid build but (I'll admit) may have something to do with it. I use a VCI-100 and a NI digital DJ 8 for a soundcard. I've got all of the settings on the computer shut down to minimal use (i.e. no areo, primary services accessing the CPU, etc....)

Today, while practicing in the middle of a set, the system crashed in the middle of scrolling through the tracks looking for the next song to play. It made this freakish digitized sound for the longest time. I had to unplug the soundcard just to stop it since Traktor wasn't responding. It's a real crap shoot. Sometimes, it works real smooth, but other times, it will freeze for no reason or the play button won't work in the GUI or on the controller. Good thing these were all during practice and not during a live gig.

I'm just trying to figure something out 'cause the system just seems too buggy and I'm freaked out to go gig with it live.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ACE; 01-27-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Not much help i can offer other than to say that your going to have to wait for Traktor 1.03 which will hopefully fix these bugs - in the meantime if you have a gig use Traktor 3.

yeah, the company says the update is coming "in a couple weeks" but I've got a major gig on Feb 7th... argh! Now I gotta learn a whole new GUI?! Crappity crap crap!

Tech Mentor

I will diffinetyly stop using Windows 7 Beta, keyword "Beta" Is there a way you can downgrade to XP? That should cut half of your problems. Traktor Pro has its bugs but one way I have figured out to lower them down is thru the following:

-Turn off the key function, it somehow screws with your pitch percentages
    -Restart before the start of the gig, it gets rid of the clipping
    -Beatgrid and Beatgrid
    -Follow the Native Instruments tips for optimal performance.
    Thank Ya!!!

Yeah luv2xra makes a good point - you should try scaling back your operating system and you might be able to get rid of your problems

Windows 7 is not yet officially supported by NI - so that could potentially be one of your problems.

as far as i'm concerned anyone using a beta operating system has no leg to stand on complaining about unstable software.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast