Looping Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looping Question

This may be a daft question, but I've looked around (this site and net) and can't find a way to use keyword to find what I'm looking for, and therefore can't find the answer.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to loop retrospectively in Traktor Pro 2?

I'll explain what I mean. When I press loop, I obviously start a loop, whether it be 4, 8, 16, 32 beats in length. However, I'm wondering if it's possible to loop backwards. Therefore, when I press loop, that point become then end of a 4, 8, 16, 32 beat etc loop and it jumps back by xx beats for the loop.

The reason I'm looking for this is so that when I'm in a buildup, I can press loop at the end of the build up and then use that to mix in another track to drop after the build rather than let the original track drop as it normally would.

Hopefully, someone understands what I'm trying to explain!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Yes, there are new mapping command functions now that you can use for that.

Tech Mentor

you could use a backward beatjump on the same button as the loop is, to jump back the looplenght and activate the loop.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

That would make no sense considering the new functions available.

Tech Mentor

right it would not make sense to map this way in tp2, but since i solved the problem that way in tp 1.2.7 i shared the knowledge i had.
    i did not check all the new options, since this is still working for me. but i will surely change to that in a new mapping.

"backward loop size + set" is what you need to map.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tech Mentor

Well you can map a button to loop for instance 8 beats, then (under the same button) you can map the move command and move the loop back 8 beats.. But why would you want to loop the buildup instead of slamming the fader? I mean, it will make the drop less 'dropping' because you can hear it build up again. Or am i missing something here?

Cos I use it (in pre-planned set I write out in Ableton sometimes) and halve the loop bringing the loop nearer and nearer to the end of the loop/buildup (rather than halving from the start of the loop point) til it almost creates a roll effect whilst also filtering it and then when the drop happens, it most deinitely does not take anything away from it, but in fact enhances it.

It's all about creativity!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    "backward loop size + set" is what you need to map.
    This. New feature in TP2, pretty cool.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

right it would not make sense to map this way in tp2, but since i solved the problem that way in tp 1.2.7 i shared the knowledge i had.
    i did not check all the new options, since this is still working for me. but i will surely change to that in a new mapping.
    Of course. I wasn't trying to be condescending with you. I think those are quite interesting new features.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    This may be a daft question, but I've looked around (this site and net) and can't find a way to use keyword to find what I'm looking for, and therefore can't find the answer.
    Click on search and you'll get a basic drop down where you can enter a keyword. If you click on advanced search you can enter keywords and search entire threads for that keyword or just search thread titles for that keyword. You also have the option to narrow searches down to certain forums, who posted in the thread or started the thread.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast