So turntables (tech 1200's) for gigs are the past now?
    Banned

Default So turntables (tech 1200's) for gigs are the past now?

With your setups do you gig with your tech 1200s out or Turntables? Was thinking about that. After four years off,I'm just practicing. Got the tech 1200mk 2's, dj craze stanton sa 12 mixer, m447, and building my music library. I was looking at adding a new dj mixer like behringer dm4000. But thought that money would be better spent on like traktor s4 or something for a more mobile setup. I'm not looking forward to dragging two technics out. Any suggestions here? Here are my options:
    Set-up now-Technic 1200's Mk2, shure m447 carts, stanton SA 12 mixer, Traktor Pro (v1 with audio 8)

1. Continue to use the set-up I have now but upgrade the mixer to behringer dn 4000, and traktor pro 2 software.
    2. Continue to use my current set-up and save to get traktor s4?

At this point I just am practicing. I won't do gigs in the fall. Been working on my music collection which is almost done. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks for any help from you guys. I know I have crappy set-up compared to some of you guys who are using the Pioneer and stuff like that. Thanks again.....

Technics will never be forgot and are still the choice of many djs but there are alot better turntables out there now adays and alot of bars/clubs dont even have turntables anymore and if they do they tend to be a pile of shit so just be aware of that when using dvs

your gear is your choice no one elses its what you feel comfortable on and enjoy using

Tech Guru

In Miami, at most clubs/bars Serato rules. There's plenty of places that two 1200's and a TTM-57 are the house set up.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    In Miami, at most clubs/bars Serato rules. There's plenty of places that two 1200's and a TTM-57 are the house set up.
    I think it entirely depends on where you are. For example here in barcelona the most common house setup I've seen is technics, CDJs and a xone 92. A very large proportion of the DJs I've seen here were using TSP with an X1.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I think it entirely depends on where you are. For example here in barcelona the most common house setup I've seen is technics, CDJs and a xone 92. A very large proportion of the DJs I've seen here were using TSP with an X1.
    Dont tell me that they also hate things like the S4... the irony of all that would be funny.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Haha no, they seem to be pretty accepting. Unlike a lot of londoners (mostly the DnB/Dubstep folks) who will tell you that nothing can beat vinyl while mixing with serato by watching transients and not even bothering with headphones.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

SSHHHH dont spill the beans!! Thats my secret although I do also take time to learn my songs so when mixing I can guess when something is coming up but I do peek back every now and then.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

yeah completely depends on where u are at. The EDM/House clubs = DJM-800 and 2 CDJ's. The more open format leaning towards hip and old school have 1200's. The lay back lounges CDJ's or controllers. The mega clubs ---- whatever the headliner wants to use.

My point. 1200's are still being used. I went to watch Pacqiao vs. Mosely at a hip bar in Downtown. No installed DJ booth....but they had a guy on two 1200's and a Rane mixer playing music that night. He brought his own equipement. I've only seen guys play on 1200's there.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300