First Set on Funktion One
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default First Set on Funktion One

Hey,

so I've got a set this Friday...it's one of my first (first paid) and it's on a decent Funktion One set-up which is far superior to what i've played on before.

Any tips in terms of EQing and stuff? Also, I'm running a macbook pro, traktor pro 2, a VCI100SE and a Numark DJIO soundcard. I'll be playing 320mp3s.

Anyone had a problem with the sound quality of that sound card? and are mp3s ok, or should i definitely use WAVs? I've never had a problem before, but was just wondering incase there are problems with a heavier soundsystem.

Cheers

Never used that soundcard myself so maybe its fine but I'd rather use an audio 2 at least...

320s will be fine mate.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

The Funktion one will just sound awesome, relax and have fun!
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Guru

I haven't had experience with your soundcard but my old residency was a funktion one system. What to expect:

1. The feeling when you crank it and that bass hits your midsection is indescribable. That alone will bring goosebumps.

2. You're going to feel like the man, the power of this system is nuts.

3. More goosebumps

4. Enjoy it man, your songs will only sound like this on a few big systems.

The only soundcard I used on that system was my audio 8 and it sounded excellent. If the place has a funktion one it will def have an AV guy who will make sure you are set up right.

Again, enjoy it man and bring it big!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Make sure the sound guy sets up the speakers properly.

Its not always the djs fault. If its badly eq'd and your crossovers arent setup properly it can be pretty nasty for the audience. Ive been on the receiving end, if people arent dancing next to the speakers and giving them evil looks, thats your cue.

Chances are though if they have funktion one, they know what theyre doing. Smash that place up with some serious bass!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

bring ear protection, system one engineers (oh no they're not) dont tend to grasp venue half full, amp half volume.

Other than that, stay out of the red and you'll be fine.

Tech Mentor

just stay at 320 kBit/s and don't change that quality either way, you'll be fine that way.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Tip, dont blow the speakers, thatll be a hefty bill to pay.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

Enjoy it mate and let us know how it goes

Tech Convert

cheers, appreciate all the feedback.

given that it's my first night infront of (what i hope will be) a considerable crowd im planning to play a set i already know for the first 25 mins whilst im shitting myself, then see how the vibe is for the other 35. I shall let you know how it goes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast