Traktor Pro: Cue Buttons?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro: Cue Buttons?

Can someone tell me what combination of midi mappings I need for cue buttons?

I have "Select Hotcue" and "Jump to Act Cue" setup for each cue button... It seems to work fine except the first time I switch cue points. I have to hit the cue button twice. The first press so that the Select Hotcue takes effect for the new cue point and the second press to actually trigger the new cue point.

As you can imagine, this bug makes cue juggling impossible. Please help!
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

If you just use select hot cue then when the deck is playing they will act as cue plays and if the deck is paused it will act as cue pauses.

How you map them depends on how you want them to react - could you be bit more specific in how you wish them to function ?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You should just be able to use "Select Hotcue" and not use "Jump to Act Cue"

If no one can answer by the time I get home I can reference my TSI.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If you just use select hot cue then when the deck is playing they will act as cue plays and if the deck is paused it will act as cue pauses.
    Yes, this part works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    How you map them depends on how you want them to react - could you be bit more specific in how you wish them to function ?
    I want to be able to tap each cue button when it's playing and have it cue to the cue point and continue playing. I want to be able to use it for jumping while the track is playing... I like to do this after tightening a loop for a buildup. I also want to be able to do a bit of beat juggling.

Secondary, when the track is stopped, I want to be able to move to the cue point to begin playing. Multiple taps aren't necessary for this of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You should just be able to use "Select Hotcue" and not use "Jump to Act Cue"

If no one can answer by the time I get home I can reference my TSI.
    Yes, please take a look. I thought Select Hotcue would be the only thing needed, but without "Jump to Active Cue" nothing happens after the first time I send the midi for "Select Hotcue". In other words, it will only cue to that point once.

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Yes, please take a look. I thought Select Hotcue would be the only thing needed, but without "Jump to Active Cue" nothing happens after the first time I send the midi for "Select Hotcue". In other words, it will only cue to that point once.
    Are you sure about that ? because i was just testing it before i posted and the only thing i have my cue buttons mapped to at the moment is select hot cue / hold and it works as i described above.

Im personally putting more thought into how i want my cue points to react and ill be reworking the system that i use at the moment in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Secondary, when the track is stopped, I want to be able to move to the cue point to begin playing. Multiple taps aren't necessary for this of course.
    You could have a modifer that changes depending on when the track is playing. If it isnt playing and you hit a cue button it could also innitiate the play button with a double macro.

This way they allways act as cue plays if the deck is paused or not.

I need to get some sleep now, if you havent sorted this out by tommorow ill continue to help out
    Last edited by BentoSan; 01-27-2009 at 02:38 PM.

So, just to make sure I understand the problem.

You load a track and hit "Select Hotcue" and it jumps to the hotcue and doesn't play? You want it to start playing when you press the button, right?

When the track is playing, though, it should act normally, so you can cue juggle, correct?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

So, just to make sure I understand the problem.

You load a track and hit "Select Hotcue" and it jumps to the hotcue and doesn't play? You want it to start playing when you press the button, right?

When the track is playing, though, it should act normally, so you can cue juggle, correct?
    No, it doesn't play... because I would have to hit the play button first.
    For loading and playing from a cue point, I'm fine with selecting my cue point via my cue select button and then hitting play. I don't have a problem with this behavior.

What's not working right now (because I'm using the "Jump to Active Cue") is that I have to hit the cue select button twice... The first time causes the current cue point to reselect... the second press makes the jump to the correct cue point.

What I really want is just to be able to cue juggle with one click. I want playback to remain the same. If playback was started, then it continues. If it's stopped then it remains stopped. Seems like it's simple, but for some reason it's buggy for me.

Do you need "Jump To ACtive Cue"? I've never set this before in relation to selecting a new Cue point.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Do you need "Jump To ACtive Cue"? I've never set this before in relation to selecting a new Cue point.
    I shouldn't right?! But if I don't have it, Traktor seems to just ignore the midi message telling it to select the cue point. If I repeatedly press the button and send the midi message, Traktor will ignore it and but if I keep pressing it randomly about 16-24 beats later it'll finally do it.

that's... really weird...

Are you sending the messages through Bomes? Does it work the same if you set a hotkey IN Traktor?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast