**Latest Demo House Mix 2011**

Arrow **Latest Demo House Mix 2011**

Hey guys, I just made this demo mix a cpl of days ago, and I recently uploaded it. I actually recorded this demo mix cos a big name DJ, and the club owner of the biggest club in my city asked me for my demo mix! :eek:

So seeing this as the biggest opportunity so far in my DJ career I made this mix a.s.a.p. Please take a listen guys and tell me what you think if its up to par with the "club standard"? I did not include the tracklisting, but if you want to know I'll add it up later. Thanks in advance.

Dustin V

2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Anyone?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Downloading, I'll listen to it on my way back from work.

Tech Guru

A little all over the place imo. The transitions sound great but the track selection is all over.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    A little all over the place imo. The transitions sound great but the track selection is all over.
    Hmm kinda agree - you got progressive, tech and cheesy house alltogether - think about what the club plays and stick with that.

Also sounds a bit slow in places for a club set - up the bpm and the energy.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    Downloading, I'll listen to it on my way back from work.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Hmm didn't think of it that way really. I started with something slowish and finished it off with some big tech stuff. Thanks for your thoughts bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Hmm kinda agree - you got progressive, tech and cheesy house alltogether - think about what the club plays and stick with that.

Also sounds a bit slow in places for a club set - up the bpm and the energy.
    Cheesy? Lol.. Yeah I get what you saying though. I did think of the club and what they play. The club has 4 different floors and holds over 2500 ppl.

Well I did meet the club owner and I handed him my demo on Saturday, so we'll see. I was in contact with one of the top DJ's in my city who introduced me.

Thanks for you comments bro.

lol soz mate wasn't trying to be rude

I call all electro-ish type stuff, any modern house music with rapping in, and any dance remixes of guitar bands cheesy

If there are 4 rooms I'm guessing they all play different stuff, stick to one of them instead of a bit from all of them, imo

Good luck bro
    SC | MC

very good transitions but maybe you keep the tracks playing too much time, anyway the playlist is fine in my opinion

The track selection is not my cup of tea therefore I can't really comment on this (significant) aspect.
    I for one would wager it might be interesting to play a bit of the different types of "cheese", if not to show versatility - however this would come into play during a much longer set.
    So in a smaller format consolidating your playlist is probably the best bet if you're shooting for a peak time booking.

However, as others have pointed out, the mixing works well

Thanks for all your comments and feedback guys, I appreciate all of it.

I'll remember your comments for the next time!

Happy mixing.