Next generation DVS.. LONG LIVE VINYL! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

WOW!

Nice concept!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Nice concept, but you still need to plug a soundcard with at least 2 outputs.

I'm not a big fan of control via wifi but i'd love to see how this develops

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Nice concept, but you still need to plug a soundcard with at least 2 outputs.
    either i misunderstood the vid, or you don't need the card... the bluetooth sends the signal from the needle and recieves the track and sends it down tonearm
    a soundcard recieves signal from tonearm sends to [computer] and sends to mixer

i wanna see this on dragons den

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Convert

You wouldn't need any soundcard at all. Audio in and out is wireless.
    The MK2 will probably use wifi

It's all in the pickup, am I right?

Control vinyl signal goes into the pickup, is transmitted to the dj software/pc/mac, gets prossed and is used to control audio playback, and is then spat back down to the pickup, where it is fed to a mixer. Right?

I hope I understand this correctly.

I like the idea, it's a really good alternative, especially because it's wireless.
    I won't question the latency and stability of the system, that's mere technical issues (and I am SURE it can work). My only concern is with the concept.

Really, besides the wireless connection, the difference here is where the control signal is "intercepted" and is replaced with an audio signal.
    On a DVS system, this happens as the audio goes out the turntable. Here, this happens on the tonearm, before the audio exits the turntable.

The way I see it, the major difference is WHERE in the setup the action happens. As you pointed out in the video, you hate fiddling with cables and such on stage, so this makes good sense.
    However, what would the major difference be, between fiddling with cables, and fiddling with a wireless connection?
    Either the usage would be that the needle becomes standardized, and you can rely on connecting to a standard needle in the club (this would need some sort of security). Or, you have to replace the needles on the turntable with your own, which you bring into the club / onto the stage from home.

Couldn't you, ideally, have a DSP box (or the same parts as you have on the needle) that is just wireless?
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Awesome idea! Good luck sir in you endeavors.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lbc4ever View Post
    You wouldn't need any soundcard at all. Audio in and out is wireless.
    The MK2 will probably use wifi
    ah my bad

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    ah my bad
    yes, yes it was...

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

very cool idea, my initial concern would be about the frequencies travelling down the tonearm. its my understanding that in vinyl they are inverted to an extent (otherwise for good bass response you'd have a record thats +6 inches thick).
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Or, you have to replace the needles on the turntable with your own, which you bring into the club / onto the stage from home.
    i know guys that used to switch needles anyway (including myself on occasion if i knew the needles were shit at the venue), so this is nothing new really from a set-up perspective

SoundCloud

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast