Choosing Macbook Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks everybody! I think i will take the 15" because of the power.. But still.. The money i can save on 13" is attractive. I can get 5 midifighters if i just buy the 13":eek:

not if you want buttons lol.

@MC LEAN, I thought the 13" models all had quad core i7s now as well?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I have a late 13" 2008 MB (aka Penryn) model @ 2.4ghz with 2gb of RAM and I LOVE it. Even at the these specs the S4 and X1 dont give me any problems. I do plan on upgrading to 4gb later on, but thats just precautionary. I do want to make mention if you do go with a 13" MB (non-pro) you will have to have a late 2008 or above model to be able expand the RAM beyond 2gbs.

As far as screen Real-estate, it really depends on how you like traktor to be set up. I run a few layouts for different things. Hiding certain parts of Traktor can give you back some size in the more important parts... ie: Hiding global settings, running an essential layout (gives you one line of track info, but gives you a nice chunky wave form... probably much nicer on a 15" screen lol)

GL! and its true... once you go mac you never go back!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I make my own midi fighter buttons out of a toaster. That way i save money.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    not if you want buttons lol.

@MC LEAN, I thought the 13" models all had quad core i7s now as well?

Well kind of.....see you can get the 13" at 2.7 ghz with dual core i7 or the 13" at 2.3ghz with dual core i5. SO to answer your question, technically yes you can get the i7 with the 13" but it won't be quad core unfortunately.
    bummer for us trying to save coin.

I just bought my 15' and got the student discount because I am going to school in the fall and saved like $250 bucks. stoked.You can totally bullshit them and tell them your going to school and save i suggest doing so.
    Last edited by MC-LEAN; 05-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.

My dad work at the university.. so i get the discount ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12