I kissed a Behringer...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I kissed a Behringer...

...and I liked it!

Behringers have the reputation if being made out of cardboard held together with Elastoplasts. However just picked up the DDM4000 and I love it.

As fully featured as the Pioneer DJM-800, MIDI assignable, fairly tankish (for a Behr) and only 300 notes!

Well chuffed.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Yhea, this mixer looks great for the price, but does it have a USB port? If not, you need two midi cables (and a sound card with midi ports) to use its midi function, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravyy View Post
    you need two midi cables (and a sound card with midi ports) to use its midi function, right?
    Pretty much.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dravyy View Post
    Yhea, this mixer looks great for the price, but does it have a USB port? If not, you need two midi cables (and a sound card with midi ports) to use its midi function, right?
    I use a USB to midi cable with mine. Has USB one side for PC and other side has MIDI in and out sockets. Think it was about £5 on eBay/Amazon and worked faultlessly!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Welcome to the DDM4K family!

We're cool.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I've had mine for a few months now; it's a lot of mixer for the price but unfortunately that's about all I can say in its favor. I'll be upgrading as soon as I decide how much of my life savings I want to throw at a mixer.

This mixer would be a lot better if they updated the firmware; mine is from 2007 and it is weak. "Save settings" doesn't actually save any important settings. So every time I turn the mixer on we're talking about 20 or so button clicks to get my settings right -- crossfader alone is five clicks. Effects are all reset to flanger on both sides going out to Master channel - that's another batch of clicks just to get them set to channels 2 and 3. All this stuff could be easily saved in user settings but it's not.

Hopefully someone will tell me that I'm wrong and there is new firmware that addresses this?

On the upside, you can save your EQ frequency settings, which is really cool. You can use user settings to make the mixer sound like a pioneer mixer or an A+H with a few clicks, and the sound quality is better than you'd expect for the price.

The lack of USB port is a problem but not a dealbreaker; more serious is the overall cheap feel of all the buttons, knobs and faders. If I was going to keep this I'd upgrade its crossfader in a second -- apparently it's easy enough to put an innofader in there, which would make a big difference. The knob stems are all opposite what I normally see, so none of the knob caps that I've bought for other gear works on this; no upgrading to nice rubberized knobs. The purple lights above the EQ kills are just stupidly blinding. Duct tape to the rescue! And the placement of the headphone jack is really annoying; it's always in the way even with an L-plug.

I really wanted to like this mixer, and I'm still really glad there's something with all these features and passable sound quality in this price range. If price is the determining factor, this is the best deal around -- you might get lucky and find a used Ecler Nuo 4 or Mackie d4 for a hundred dollars more, but new there's not much in the price range that can touch it. But if you can afford more I'd recommend looking at other products.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I'll be upgrading as soon as I decide how much of my life savings I want to throw at a mixer.
    You know the answer to that question and it's $2899.00
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

It's pretty cool but will get old in the long run with its build quality, as mentioned above.
    I'm lucky wrt. blinding lights though - mine has dimmer, green leds instead of the infamous blinding purple lasers atop the EQ kills, so that never bothered me.

Which reminds me, as I posted in another thread, I'm upgrading to a Xone 42 which has finally shipped today, so I'll be able to start working on a bigass post where I'll try to compare what can be.

Another reason to love it: the MIDI clock.

Traktor is rubbish at sending MIDI clock to Maschine.

Solution: Use the DDM4000s. Just had a bash with running Maschine & Traktor slaved to the DDM4000. 2 track decks + 1 sample deck + 1 Maschine live input into Traktor, through Traktor's FX, into the DDM4000 to mix.

Stable tempo, just changing by the odd hundredths of a second rather than 5 seconds.

Wicked fun.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Another reason to love it: the MIDI clock.

Traktor is rubbish at sending MIDI clock to Maschine.

Solution: Use the DDM4000s. Just had a bash with running Maschine & Traktor slaved to the DDM4000. 2 track decks + 1 sample deck + 1 Maschine live input into Traktor, through Traktor's FX, into the DDM4000 to mix.

Stable tempo, just changing by the odd hundredths of a second rather than 5 seconds.

Wicked fun.
    That is cool to hear, good thinking.

As far as it getting old...

I like mine more today, and can use it better than the day I bought it, and that was over two years ago now.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast