Gear and Airport Security
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Gear and Airport Security

I am traveling this summer (in about 2 weeks) and will be going through London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, India, and will be leaving from the States.

I will be carrying my Maschine, Laptop, MIDI Fighter, and maybe an X1 with me on my trip. Do you guys think I will have security problems anywhere carrying the gear in my hand? I really don't want to get any of my gear confiscated anywhere for any reason.

I may chose to check in the X1 + Midi Fighter but I really want to carry the Maschine with me.

Welcome to Israel
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

where in india are u coming, come down to nagpur if possible. We'l meet up.

My general rule for any travel, domestic or international is don't check in anything you don't mind losing. Between lost luggage and thieves there's too many possibilities for things to go astray.

You are allowed 2 bags carryon/personal item and I suggest that you take advantage of that.

Just my $.02

When i work weeks away i take my Kontrol X1 + Laptop with me to do a bit of mixing in-between work.

I take my Laptop in hand luggage and pack the Kontrol X1 into my case inside the Kontrol X1 bag. No problems and its never been damaged.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

Tech Guru

porter robinson had the jog wheels of his S4 removed my tsa for inspection, after realizing they did not know how to put it back on, they threw them away. he discovered this later after he left.

Keep that stuff on you.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Never ever ever ever check your laptop, and if you check your controllers make sure they're in something damn strong. I've checked my X1 in its official case many times and it's been fine, but I'd be nervous of checking my VCI without a decksaver or something.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I just flew back and forth with my S4, launchpad and plenty more gadgets, apparently 70% of the time you will get checked on security but it takes no time so I wouldn't worry, just try to do it yourself if possible so that they won't mistreat your equipment. Good bag is important, that's what kept me without worries.

Well i'm just worried about me carrying it on me and then being harassed by security at check points and shit. That's what my original post was for. Will they harass me when carrying it on me? As in like think i'm bringing a bomb on the plane?

I have the Maschine bag in transit to me (should be here on Friday ) and I will carry it all on me, but I don't want shit to get confiscated for any reason. Especially since i'm Indian and BROWN - especially after the whole Osama ordeal n shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytekaushik View Post
    where in india are u coming, come down to nagpur if possible. We'l meet up.
    I'm going to be in Calcutta, then Delhi for a few days, then maybe (big maybe) Mumbai. I have no idea if I will have the time to, but if I do i'll try and swing by haha . Maybe you should come up to Cal!
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 05-11-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Well i'm just worried about me carrying it on me and then being harassed by security at check points and shit. That's what my original post was for. Will they harass me when carrying it on me? As in like think i'm bringing a bomb on the plane?
    I once flew back to london from madrid with a fucking GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL in my carry on. And I'm not talking one of the little sandwich size ones either, this was a big fucker about 15" wide and weighed a ton.

You should have seen the scanner guy's face when my bag went through. I had to open it up etc, and at this point i didn't speak a word of spanish, but I just pointed and gestured at it in a way that said "look, it makes delicious toasted sandwiches and low fat steaks!" and they let me past.

I'd much rather have my controller in my carry on so that I can explain it, rather than some arse from TSA try and work it out for himself and break it in the process.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast