Newbie Alert: Traktor Beatgrid, Hot Cue and Looping questions
    Tech Mentor

Default Newbie Alert: Traktor Beatgrid, Hot Cue and Looping questions

Hi guys, if i beatgrid a track once, does Traktor save that info somewhere so the track is always beat gridded when i load it again ?
    Where does traktor store this info, in case we wanna delete stuff out of memory.
    Are there any folders, cache which need to be cleaned from time to time ?
    Do the Hot Cues work the same way, that Traktor will always remember the Hot Cues when i load a track ? I dont really need this function, i am ok with manual cueing everytime as i am just starting out with traktor and wanna just be able to do the stuff i did with my CDJ's, cuing, playing looping with awesome effects!!
    Also, on a CDJ when u make a loop and exit out of it, at any point, u can hit Reloop and go back to that Loop. How does Traktor do this on the fly without storing the Loop in memory for later.

I hope i make sense.
    It will take a while for me to mentally switch from Hardware to Digital DJing, finding the transition a bit awkward at the moment.......

Thanks so much!!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1) It's stored in the ID3 tags of each file (except for WAVs and such that don't have this tag so the data gets saved locally), to remove this info you have to right click on a song > delete > adittionaly remove tags.

2) Map this function to your controller/keyboard, not everything Traktor does is accessible by clicking on the screen.

What he said. For most formats (including mp3) the beatgrid and hotcue info is stored in the track's metadata. To be sure you don't lose the grid it's a good idea to lock it (click the padlock in the advanced grid panel, or there's an option when you right click a song/songs in the collection). That stops traktor from reanalysing it for any reason and thereby resetting the beatgrid.

Re. Loops, you can store a loop as a hotcue. set a loop and while it's looping click a hotcue (either via midi, your keyboard or in the advanced cue panel) and it is stored in exactly the same way as a hotcue for later use.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And I'll politely suggest you take a look at the manual. All of this info is in there, plus a ton of other stuff.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    And I'll politely suggest you take a look at the manual. All of this info is in there, plus a ton of other stuff.
    +1 on this. I'm in the process of going through it in detail myself before buying and moving on to the Bible!

Good thing you asked the original questions nicely and politely too. This was quite friendly for Photojojo
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    +1 on this. I'm in the process of going through it in detail myself before buying and moving on to the Bible!
    ^ This. I went through the manual backwards and forwards to learn the details of my controller (an S4) and then bought the Bible for the rest. The one area the Bible is very strong in is mapping-- they go over several examples for different types of mappings for nearly 60 pages! Made the entire mapping process so much easier once I read and digested it all.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Tech Mentor

Ur right....

Tech Mentor

Thank you
    Found what i was looking for!