Dead Audio 8 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Audio 8 ?

Tech Convert

Default Dead Audio 8 ?

*sigh* the NI forums seem to be useless. I JUST got a pair of 1200s and I'm itching to use these and since I lack vinyls...

I bought an Audio 8 card off e-bay, from what I gather the thing had been sitting since 2007 or something and it's not working with the new NI x64 drivers. Plugging it in, only midi and selection leds light up and computer displays a 'unknown device'.

I've read on the NI forums that other people have had problems with the computer not recognizing the card with the new drivers. I had been using these drivers with my friend's Audio 8 so I know they were properly installed. Apparently the old 1.6.8 driver which came out in like 2007 or so, had a firmware upgrade. The seller told me he will refund everything if I send it back but I want to make sure that it is actually broken. I guess I'd try it on a 32bit machine with the old drivers to see if it's really dead.

So, the old drivers don't seem to be available anywhere on the NI site, I contacted NI but still no answer. Does anyone have an idea of where I could find them? Maybe on the original old traktor scratch not pro CD?

inb4 get a mac.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

haha what does mac have to do with it.... my computer is fine. I7, 4 gigs of ram, thing runs like magic, I don't see why I would go Mac...

And the link to NIs website.... did you read what I wrote? None of the old drivers are on that website.
    Last edited by snowphish; 05-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.

all new NI drivers are crap, download some older ones. not exactly sure which ones to suggest, someone else here will be able to help with that

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snowphish View Post
    And the link to NIs website.... did you read what I wrote? None of the old drivers are on that website.
    These aren't the drivers you're looking for.

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I've had a Audio DJ 8 for years and currently have the 1.6.4, 1.6.7, and 1.6.8 driver installers. Just PM me if you want a copy (warning, I think they're all 32bit, they were for a 32bit WinXP install anyway, I don't know if they came in 64bit flavors).

EDIT: clearify 32/64bit memories in my head
    Last edited by echo.ranger; 05-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    These aren't the drivers you're looking for.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

No man! NI only has new drivers 2.0 and up, I'm looking for older ones that had a firmware upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by snowphish View Post
    Apparently the old 1.6.8 driver which came out in like 2007 or so, had a firmware upgrade.

So, the old drivers don't seem to be available anywhere on the NI site
    YES! PMing, thank you, I will try it out on a 32bit system with those drivers, if its dead it's dead, I'm getting a audio 6 or something...

You want the 2.0.15 drivers. Those are the best versions in terms of stability and latency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast