What should I get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What should I get?

Ok I am fairly new to DJing. Not to mention I am only 15. However I have had the ION Discover DJ for about a year now and many people have told me I am a natural. I come from a bloodline of talented musicians, so that is where they think I get it from. I am quite good at any instrument you throw at me, but when my dad's friend - a club dj - let me try out his turntables I knew something clicked.

Enough about me, I plan on buying an MIDI that is under $200. I have Traktor Pro 2, Fl Studio 9, and the AUDIO 2 sound card, so do not think I don't have the equipment.

I have three choices right now:

All 3 pieces of the KORG Nano Series.

KORG padKONTROL

Midi Fighter

Now I was thinking about the nano series because it has that cool touch pad, a lot of controls, and a keyboard.

However I have heard that the padKONTROL has a lot better build and it has the cool touchpad too.

I am getting a MIDI Fighter no matter what, but I just want to know if I should try it first. I know about super combos and everything- But is there a way that I can have the same uses of the touchpad on it?

I just want you guys to tell me which one and why. It would be a big help =)

MIDI fighter that is what I am running on now with the deckalized ab mapping it works well and I do use a mixer also so I don't kno if u have the cash for that but a midifighter would be good. U could always use if ion discover as the mixer

Tech Guru

you need a mixer if youre going to be umm... mixing.

the padkontrol can be set up like a midifighter, the nano series mostly has bad marks from what ive heard... idk... i think the Search button on the forums needs to be bigger
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Go for an akai pad (mpd series) or the midifighter, the other options you mentioned won't last in the long run and you will get second to none resell value.

The touchpad on the nano series is crap, you need to press really hard to get response.

The korg pad you mention is a pain to customize and the only plus would be (like the article posted on the main page a while back) the pretty lights.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-11-2011 at 07:38 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

@DJ Asand can you please take the mixcloud player out of your sig. It's against the forum rules.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    @DJ Asand can you please take the mixcloud player out of your sig. It's against the forum rules.
    sry sry! i forgot ^o^
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

A new APC20 or S/H 40 ?

If I were in your boat, and I have been, I'd take a look into throwing a X-Session Pro into the mix. It's the most inexpensive midi mixer you could get, and for what it is, it's pretty solid (I have one and it's done me well).

Add that to some form of pad controller / midi fighter, and you're working on a decent modular setup.

Down the line you can add some of the EKS controllers for jog-wheel functionality as well if you wanted to.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Man I'd raid your pops junk cloest to see if he has any extra gear he isnt using.

Either way,

Get a mixer of some sort. This is key.

Get that 2 track on the back to back and develop your natural abilities
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Here are some me your options-
    MPD24 - pads + x session/basic mixer (denon x 120, AM qd5 II)/
    Numark stealth
    OR
    used xone 1d (if u can a xone 2d it has a crossfader) + ur keyboard for cues you get a jog to go naturally. U got it...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast