sync and beatmatching
    Tech Student

Default sync and beatmatching

iv just got the traktor kontrol s4 and im just starting out...... pressing sync matches the two songs BPM's so is the the same as beatmatching? if not what is the sync button for than?

any help would be great

Azulla1, Manual. Manual meet Azulla1. I see a great friendship in your future.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

beatmatching is not simply matching two songs BPMs.

Tech Student

haha i feel stupid for posting this question

dont.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

No need to feel stupid, the manual is your friend and if it doesn't answer your question THEN somebody here, or the Traktor Bible, will. Welcome to the forum by the way.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

cheers fellas, so would it be easier than to sync the songs to the same BPM's than beat match?
    Last edited by azulla1; 05-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azulla1 View Post
    cheers fellas, so would it be easier than to sync the songs to the same BPM's than beat match?
    The answer is in the manual, along with many treasures

in theory, beatmatching is where you can align two tracks at the same bpm and on the same beat manually, sync can align your tracks and auto detect the bpm, it may make it easier but it is some times not perfect or reliable. if you were to use a DVS (digital vinyl system [ie turntables]) you would use techniques such as beatmatching to align up tracks manually. since you mentioned you use an s4, you can use your jogwheels to manually beatmatch the tracks so you can have control over the next track you are playing. sometimes sync is off or you may want to bring in a track differently ... beatmatching is a basic bud so you dont end up trainwrecking. you can grid your tracks so you dont have to mess with beatmatching and give you more room to try different stuff out such as utilizing the sound banks or spinning 4 decks. also read the manual, watch the youtube videos and search around this forum you will find out info there. once you figured out the basics, im sure the forum members on here will gladly help you with advanced techniques as you further your adventure with your s4 and Traktor. cheers.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯