TSP2 with Behringer DDM4000 midi mixer ??
    Tech Mentor

Default TSP2 with Behringer DDM4000 midi mixer ??

I usually use timecode but as everyone knows the issues with TSP2 and timecode control is horrible !! I have faith in Native Instruments tho keeping my fingers crossed for the updates .. However I mapped my Behringer DDM 4000 to TSP2 and I'm running internally in traktor and using the DDM 4000 as a midi controller .. I have no issue and works 100 percent better but my question is when I use the built in effects on the mixer for channel one let's say flanger then do a mix to channel 2 for a different song that I'm bring in the effect never shuts off as I fade channel 1 out ??? I set the effects channel on the mixer for channel 1 effect 1 and channel 2 effect 2 but it seems no matter what I do it comes threw the master setting for the mixer ???? I went to my input setting and only channel 1 and 2 are set to input 1 but I'm getting music out of tractor deck a and b ?? Anyone know a solution ?? Thanks

Tech Guru

I'm not sure how to explain it exactly but it has to do with mixing internally vs. externally and the way your audio is routed. i think. I had a similar problem until I switched it back to external mixing and routed the audio from my sound card into inputs 1 and 2 then it all worked out fine.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

You also used two sets of RCA cables also when u changed to external also right ??
    Last edited by djmikeD; 05-13-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Tech Guru

Yes thats the only way to get the on board effects to affect one channel at a time. Otherwise your only sending out one audio signal carrying both tracks into input 1 which could be the reason why when you use an on-board effect that it carries over from track to track.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

how do you setup your startup wizard ??? as external or midi ???

Tech Guru

I just recently purchased an APC40 to go along with my APC20 so now I setup as external mixer and run 2 RCA cables from my sound card to my mixer. This allows me to control volume, EQ, gain, and crossfader from my mixer without mapping any of it. Although I have turned on midi on Sampler, Crossfader, Mic for some extra mapping abilities but that's off topic. In my setup in Traktor I route Deck A & C thru Channels 1 &2 and B & D thru 3 & 4 (I'm using a Numark DJ|IO soundcard). That way when I have my on board effects from my mixer affect channel 1 it only affecting the audio from channels A & C.

Prior to me buying my APC40 I needed more faders and buttons so I ran my DDM4000 in total midi mode. In order to get a master and booth output I needed to use one of my soundcards audio out (i.e. Channels 3 & 4) as my monitor out to my headphones. so I could only run channels 1 & 2 into the mixer into input 1. Therefore any onboard effects I would use would always affect all audio. Even though in traktor I'm using 2 different audio signals there being passed to the mixer on the same L/R RCA cables. That's how I think you may have it setup which is why it is giving you some problems. I could be wrong if I am then I have no idea what the issue is. Hope this helps.

Tech Mentor

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this I've got everything working the way it should be !!!! Now just have to work on sample decks which is pretty much the same idea however anyone know how to route the main sample recorded on the top off the screen ??? Thanks