Vextax TR-1?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vextax TR-1?

Tech Wizard

Default Vextax TR-1?

Can't really find any solid reviews on this thing. My local music store has them on sale for $179.99. For the sale price it seems pretty good.

I'm new to this and still looking for the right piece of kit. I was also thinking of getting the typhoon and the traktor x1 which would be portable and inexpensive if purchased second hand.

any thoughts?

please and thank you

Bro what store?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Wizard

This place called Tom Lee Music in Vancouver. It's on sale from $399 to 199 and then I got an email to take off another $20. Seems like a wicked deal if it's something you're looking for. I just don't know if it's what I'm looking for. lol

not bad, i usually see them for 450 - 500 here in l.a.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

from what I understand, its basically just a vci-100 without jog wheels and with a deck switcher. 199 is a once in a lifetime price, so I would definitely go for it if i had the cash. (seriously, i wish i had the cash)

Tech Wizard

you're right. for the price I think I may just get it and see if I like it.

here's a link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/dj.cf...147&inv=144266

and the $20 off code is BSPVTR1. It expires this Sunday at 5pm though.
    Last edited by urbanj; 05-13-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added info

Yeah that's a great deal - get it
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

I bought mine for $500 Canadian (including ship & taxes) only like 4-6 months ago. Really makes me wish I waited for this deal, it really is an amazing deal.

There is no on-board sound, but that wasn't an issue for me since I already owned a M-Audio Fast Track Pro.

For basic two deck + full efx control, this device is a great compact lay out for Traktor Pro 2... I really do love it. I will say I've had the little nub for the joystick come off, and need to glue it back on. Otherwise I haven't had any issues. And the overall build quality feels really solid, doesn't feel light and plastic like some of the other Vestax controllers.

I've also considered pairing this with the Akai LPD-8 to add in control for the sample decks.

Im so tempted to ask for an early birthday gift
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast