i think im an addict D:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i think im an addict D:

i think i came to realise this when my friend noted that its slightly wierd that i like to fall to asleep to blasting dubstep mixes am i like the only person who likes to listens to edm constantly and not just on the weekend or while djing? its more than just music to dance and get fucked up to to me and thats how everyone around here seems to think of it !

I don't know about falling asleep to it, but I have a 1 hour commute through NYC everyday and you better believe the dubstep is on the whole time.

Tech Guru

I listen to EDM wherever I am. I don't fall asleep to it as I would get to many ideas for mixes or drops or songs. It would be exhausting.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by kbear View Post
    i think i came to realise this when my friend noted that its slightly wierd that i like to fall to asleep to blasting dubstep mixes am i like the only person who likes to listens to edm constantly and not just on the weekend or while djing? its more than just music to dance and get fucked up to to me and thats how everyone around here seems to think of it !
    dont feel odd
    I listen to trance almost all day 24/7 though sometimes I take a needed break
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

i always thought trance was made for taking a break and falling asleep. with musical dreams about beaches in the morning sun and alike…
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Its not that weird. I fall asleep when listening to psytrance sometimes and when it comes to daily life, I've never listened to "normal" music. My dad hooked me on EDM young and I've never looked back.

Its funny, sometimes my friends make fun of me by playing a classic track that "everybody" knows about and asking me who the artist is. I never have a clue.

am i like the only person who likes to listens to edm constantly and not just on the weekend or while djing?
    Repetitive patterns in groups of 4 calm me down. :P

my brother said the same thing, cause it was like 8 in the am and im blasting filthy dubstep in my headphones.... the only way i can describe it is like listening to hard rock or something of the sort. Its all just music aint it?

not to mention the production quality of most house/electro/dubstep/trance are vastly superior to the "popular radio" tracks that are mass produced...

its more than just music to dance and get fucked up to to me and thats how everyone around here seems to think of it !
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I fell asleep beside an outboard motor on the back of a boat before....

My dad reckoned it just sounded alot like my music taste

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    i always thought trance was made for taking a break and falling asleep. with musical dreams about beaches in the morning sun and alike…
    thats because there's like a million and 1 melodic tracks since it's all copypasta for the most part.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

you're in good company.

welcome to djtt, the secret support group for incurable audio junkies and compulsive music hoarders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast