Heading to San Fran next summer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heading to San Fran next summer

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to San Francisco next summer (2012)
    can anyone tell me wheres good to stay (budget to mid range)
    also where to go for venues/clubs bars and restaurants,

of course I will be checking out the djtt shop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willinfluence View Post
    Hi,

I'm thinking of going to San Francisco next summer (2012)
    can anyone tell me wheres good to stay (budget to mid range)
    also where to go for venues/clubs bars and restaurants,

of course I will be checking out the djtt shop

Thanks
    South of Market (SoMA) is where you want to be. There are a lot of hotels here that are fairly inexpensive and pretty much no matter where you are in SoMA, you can be a couple of blocks from the DJTT HQ. A lot of the bars/clubs are here too. I don't know much of them, being that I'm 17, but when I start clubbing I'll find this thread and tell you. Just don't stay on 6th st. There are clubs here on 6th, but further down nearer to market st, it's really seedy and if you don't know your way around and how to carry yourself you could get robbed or something. I got robbed at knifepoint for a sandwich going to get a haircut once, you can't underestimate some of the people there.

First, in terms of hotels, if you're willing to dish out the dough, the Intercontinental was built 2 years ago and is probably one of the nicer hotels in the city. It beats the four seasons but is cheaper. There are also a few clubs on Haight St, and a lot of hotels/motels, but it's far from the center of the city where the true night life is.

If you want to save the change there are a bunch of holiday inns spread around the city, and the clubs will be only a bus ride away.

If you're looking for super budget my only advice would be to find a friend in SF who's willing to let you sleep in their home and take them up on it. Budget hotels are really hard to come by in SF, mainly because the city is so f***in expensive to live in.

Now in terms of clubs, I do know that the endup is a fairly popular lounge, just don't go on wednesdays, it's the gay night, and every time I go out to the movies or with friends on Wednesdays I walk by to get to the bus stop and get hit on by a bunch of bros. Not choice. Unless of course you are gay, in which case, you should go on Wednesday, but it's probably one of the most popular clubs in the area that you can get into without being on the list. If I ever get a gig there I'll put some DJTT people on the list for sure. It's at 6th and Harrison and is fairly popular.

Another one is the Cellar. They spin dubstep on tuesdays and its a really fun place. I've been there before for an all ages party that was really great. It's more of a lounge, but you still get the club feel.

The last one I know is Fluid Ultra Lounge. It's a great club, but it's hard as fuck to get into. You need to be on the guestlist, they get DJs like Jazzy Jess and DJ Solomon and Steve Aoki there fairly regularly. I've been there once as well, for a birthday after party thrown by the owner whose kid was on my basketball team. Great place, it looks phenomenal and is one of the few 100% clubs you will find in SF. It's a great place, but as I said before, it's crazy hard to get into.

In terms of restaurants, don't go where the travel agencies say to. If you want good italian food, go to North Beach. It's the neighborhood with the best italian food in the city. Any pick there is golden. If you want japanese food, japan town is your best bet. A nice mix of food culture is in SoMA. Almost all of the restaurants here are expensive, but they are great and normally fuse a bunch of cultures into one dish. It's generally very good.

That's all I know from living around here.

(Sorry for the extreme lack of good phrasing in this post. I just started taking Adderol for my ADHD again and it makes me really scatterbrained but helps me focus like crazy.)
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Theres 525, Vessel, EPR a ton of underground events.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I stayed in the Powell Hotel last time I was there, really top notch location (beside the Trolley turntable on Powell and Market) nice enough rooms, nothing spectacular inside but safe enough if you're gonna be bringing anything that you don't need to be worried about your bed sprouting legs :P

BTW I called ahead and got a MUCH better rate than the online price ... err was that really 6 years ago :-O

Ruby Skyes if you want Huge International Jocks and a Nice Big Room.

Are you going for long or just a week or so ?

Thanks for some great info guys, that's given me some stuff to look into

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I stayed in the Powell Hotel last time I was there, really top notch location (beside the Trolley turntable on Powell and Market) nice enough rooms, nothing spectacular inside but safe enough if you're gonna be bringing anything that you don't need to be worried about your bed sprouting legs :P

BTW I called ahead and got a MUCH better rate than the online price ... err was that really 6 years ago :-O

Ruby Skyes if you want Huge International Jocks and a Nice Big Room.

Are you going for long or just a week or so ?
    I'm planing to go for two or three weeks

Fluid is small and douchey, I only go cause some friends like it. There's hardly room to dance.
    MBP 13" | Midifighter | Launchpad | MPK Mini

Tech Wizard

Ruby Skye pulls the big names.

What's your poison, music wise? There's tons of underground's & renegades too, not just clubs so as it get closer and "less clubby" is your scene, post up.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    What's your poison, music wise? There's tons of underground's & renegades too, not just clubs so as it get closer and "less clubby" is your scene, post up.

Hey,
    Music wise I'm into stuff that ranges from Chi-house, Electro house, Good techno and sub/bass house

I'm into Dj/producers like Brodinski, Popof, Hey Today!, Jack Beats, Canblaster, French Fries, Djedjotronic, Worthy etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast