Keys of songs?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keys of songs?

Tech Wizard

Default Keys of songs?

Since I have no musical theory, and read all the stuff about MIK being inaccurate, but actually love harmonic mixing. Is there any site that has the actual keys of songs?

I'm probably going to get told to learn an instrument and figure it out, but I am just trying to save some time.

the new beta of beatport lists the key. i don't have any extra key codes but you can check in this thread for an invite: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...atport&page=19

the new beatport beta will also "crowd source" key information (given inaccuracies in key detection software), which is an awesome announcement (imo)

Tech Wizard

That is pretty damn cool, I haven't checked BeatPort out since I used up my giftcard.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Rapid Evolution if you wanna try key detection for free, some say its better than MIK, personally I think using the ears gives the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Rapid Evolution if you wanna try key detection for free, some say its better than MIK, personally I think using the ears gives the best results.
    I won't touch rapid evolution with a ten foot pole. I don't know what it was about the software when I had my PC, but it was the most glitchy and unresponsive thing I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

Honestly I've bought Mixed in Key, and while it's nicer than nothing, that's all it is.

I'm really psyched about the new beatport carrying this information.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I won't touch rapid evolution with a ten foot pole. I don't know what it was about the software when I had my PC, but it was the most glitchy and unresponsive thing I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
    A pc was the most glitchy and unresponsive thing I ever had the pleasure of dealing with so I moved to Mac

In all seriousness though apparently V2 was complete shite, v3 seems decent enough.... hell its free.

Tech Student

Nice thought.

the beatport key option is really a great feature for people like me who cant and/or dont know how to key by ear ... a program that would pull the keys from beatport into your audio tags would make life way easier ... until someone creates an app for that i will manually update my keys one by one :P
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

The only way to really do it is to learn some music theory. Every other method is pretty poor and this way you'll develop a much greater and more useful skill set.

Hey, you could even start making some tracks once you have a rude understanding of the basic concepts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast