Firmware confusion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Firmware confusion

So I dunno what firmware I have, but I am assuming 1.2. I dont have the green sticker on the back, the sync/snap button lights up when pressed. Also Im assuming that unless have upgraded Im going to have 1.2. I am correct in assuming that???

I mean i just got my VcI-100 BLK a couple weeks ago and im still trying to figure it out, and i like the layout and the tsi file ean has going for the SE version so I wanna get that on my VCI, does it mean I have to upgrade to firmware 1.3???

Thanks

If you have the VCI-100 Blk edition it has firmware 1.2.

I would suggest to keep the vci stock being that you already have the black edition. If you do want to mod you vci I would look into getting the plates sanded down and re-done with laser engraving.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

OK but will the new tsi file that ean has released worked properly on 1.2 firmware or will I have to change some of the stuff around cause when I tried, a few things in fx mode werent working as they should have???

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unicorn View Post
    OK but will the new tsi file that ean has released worked properly on 1.2 firmware or will I have to change some of the stuff around cause when I tried, a few things in fx mode werent working as they should have???
    Thats a problem with the 1.2 firmware - to get those few extra features you need to upgrade to firmware 1.3.

Id recommend getting a firmware update kit when they are in stock - they are a very useful item to have.

those firmware upgrade kits should be back in stock in about 2-3 weeks

Any update on those upgrade kits? thanks

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    If you have the VCI-100 Blk edition it has firmware 1.2.

I would suggest to keep the vci stock being that you already have the black edition. If you do want to mod you vci I would look into getting the plates sanded down and re-done with laser engraving.
    i'm the same as red convert, just bought the black edition and want to have the same effects that ean golden has in his vids, so i should get a firmware kit.
    What i don't understand is you saying i have to get the plates sanded down, and whats vci stock? thanks

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01 View Post
    i'm the same as red convert, just bought the black edition and want to have the same effects that ean golden has in his vids, so i should get a firmware kit.
    What i don't understand is you saying i have to get the plates sanded down, and whats vci stock? thanks
    He is saying that you should keep the vci as it is, keep the vci stock. And getting the plates sanded down is just if you wanna change the labelling that already exists on the vci blk. As far as the firmware it, if you want what ean has, itll prolly work better with firmware 1.3, but its your call.

So I ask again...any word on the upgade kits and when they may be available again? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast