Question regarding mapping multiple controllers
    Tech Wizard

Default Question regarding mapping multiple controllers

So... been mapping from scratch. I originally thought it might take a day or 2... now I'm thinking its going to be about 2 weeks...

I have done some reading and I could not determine if there are any tricks to duplicating a mapping but changing the "channel" all commands are mapped to.

I have a pair of Reloop Contours (great for Traktor Pro 2 btw... the faders are absolutely amazing for sample decks) and I have mostly built one mapping for channel 01. I am going to have to duplicate it (with appropriate changes to the decks etc) to channel 02 so as to use the second contour for Deck B.

Are there any shortcuts to do something like this without having to completely remap every command? I did read some about a traktor bible tool that seems to be for older versions of Traktor. Just not sure what other people do when they have 1 mapping built but 2 controllers.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Thanks to NI's god awful Controller Manager, no there is no easy way to do this (really, it's a fucking terrible part of the software).

As far as I know you are going to have to map each controller individually.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Thanks to NI's god awful Controller Manager, no there is no easy way to do this (really, it's a fucking terrible part of the software).

As far as I know you are going to have to map each controller individually.
    This. The controller manager is THE most backward and annoying feature of Traktor at the moment.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I agree. Like there's no way that NI uses this interface to map their own controllers... what are they using? Thats what we need.
    Last edited by herenow; 05-17-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

What would be really nice is if they added the ability to make modules that could be added to a mapping. As in say all the standard commands for a loop encoder or for a sample fader or whatever. Rather than building from scratch, could download modules to add to a mapping. (also to be able to quickly "learn" a key to an entire module etc, rather than every separate command)

Cause man... this takes forever!

Tech Mentor

A basic learn mode like most softsynths have would be nice too.....

Tech Convert

Default not impossible !!!

Quote Originally Posted by herenow View Post
    So... been mapping from scratch. I originally thought it might take a day or 2... now I'm thinking its going to be about 2 weeks...

I have done some reading and I could not determine if there are any tricks to duplicating a mapping but changing the "channel" all commands are mapped to.

I have a pair of Reloop Contours (great for Traktor Pro 2 btw... the faders are absolutely amazing for sample decks) and I have mostly built one mapping for channel 01. I am going to have to duplicate it (with appropriate changes to the decks etc) to channel 02 so as to use the second contour for Deck B.

Are there any shortcuts to do something like this without having to completely remap every command? I did read some about a traktor bible tool that seems to be for older versions of Traktor. Just not sure what other people do when they have 1 mapping built but 2 controllers.

I use "Bomes Miditranslator".

I have Projekts for all my Controller with on the fly changeable midinotes.

the midinote of a of all contolls is saved in "Global Variables".
    you can change them to test a mapping without change the mapping.
    or you can built some trigger (for example: a second music software is launching,
    or you change from 2decklayout to 4decklayout....)

and you can add special buttonbehavior:

push the button
    doubletap the button
    push and hold the button longer than 400ms

or special modifier like:
    as long as you constantly use a fader you get an optical feedback of the parameter on some lightning buttons Launchpad , F1, Maschine,....)
    if you dont move the fader anymore, the buttons will change back to some other funktions (hotcues or whatever...)