Mac keyboard help.

Default Mac keyboard help.

Hello everyone.

All of you from the chat probably knows that Im changing OS. Im getting a mac. My laptops motherboard died, and its cheaper to get a new computer so I decided to change platform when Im still at it. Problem is that the mac Im getting is a second hand american one, with the corresponding american keyboard layout, and since Im a swede and use ÅÄÖ this is a bit of a problem. Also all the symbols (like / > - . ? and so forth) are in different places, whitch makes it useless to just change the language of the keyboard.

Ive found a swedish spare keyboard. Will it work properly if I replace the american with the swedish one? The computer is a late 2007/santa rosa 15" MacBook Pro.

Thankful for help.

/ Kobb

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

As far as I know just replacing the key caps themselves will work its just the layout that changes not the positioning.

Replacing the whole keyboard is a bit of a pain in the ass TBH there's about 50+ tiny screws holding it in (on the unibody anyhow).

You can change the language in the os preferences. I assume that just learning to touch type isn't an option? I mean…it might be worth it in the long run…I'm a geek, but I also haven't looked at a keyboard in years…apart from Apple's stupid little replacements for the Fx buttons that keep moving around every single laptop revision.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You can change the language in the os preferences. I assume that just learning to touch type isn't an option?
    Ever tried touch typing when your using dual languages :P

BTW You'll probably be stuck with / > - . ? etc in the "mac" places, same as the @ key.

You get used to it.

Kinda. Yes. IMHO, you get used to it. But other than accent marks, the few languages I speak/type in (badly) happen so rarely that punching around for where i kinda think things are works. The only one I really use is the greek keyboard, and it's in very short bursts.