(Kontrol S4 & MF) (TP2) (mapping alteration for Instant Gratification)
    Tech Wizard

Default (Kontrol S4 & MF) (TP2) (mapping alteration for Instant Gratification)

Hi All,
    I'm just loving the IGv1.0.3 mapping for my Midi Fighter with my S4. Whilst tinkering and looking whats going on, I've noticed that moving some of the effects about would allow more control via the S4 effect knobs as well as using the Midi Fighter too! Lets explain:

OK, I feel that it would be more useful if we swapped around the effects to have the following on Effects Bank 1:

Gater / Filter: 92 LFO / Digital LoFi

...and the following on Effects Bank 2:

BeatSlicer / BeatMasher / Reverb

I suggest this because we could also use these effects using the Kontrol S4's knobs as well as them being triggered by the Midi Fighter! The knobs come very much useful eg. especially whilst rapidly affecting the BeatSlicer/BeatMasher and the S4 knobs cannot control Banks 3 and 4 thus the idea for moving said effects to Banks 1 and 2 (I hope I'm making sense?)
    I think that using the Midi Fighter and this setup would give more control to a DJ, would anyone else agree? If so, can anybody advise how I can make this swap? I ask as I'm a beginner on the middi front in Traktor 2 and the Instant Gratification mapping is one serious beast!
    Besides my need for help on this, would anyone else agree or have further thoughts?

Sounds like a sweet idea to try out..... ill help you test anything you do end up making... but i suck at mapping... so i wouldnt be much help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Default ...further...

Does anyone know of a way that I can adjust the mapping outside of Traktor so I'm not so confined by that ridiculous preference window?
    [Traktor Pro 2] [Kontrol S4] [2x Midi Fighters]
    [Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 2008 - 4GB RAM]
    [Mac OS 10.7.1]
    I found a picture of me playing on vinyl many, many moons ago and it got me thinking.........

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KingRichard1st View Post
    Does anyone know of a way that I can adjust the mapping outside of Traktor so I'm not so confined by that ridiculous preference window?
    isnt that what the controller editor is for? Or am I an idiot