Mixtrack Pro and Traktor Pro... problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mixtrack Pro and Traktor Pro... problems?

Hey all, just signed up and this is my first post I'm a newbie to say the least, so please forgive my questions if they seem a little stupid...

I recently purchased the Mixtrack Pro from a store in the U.S, which come with Virtual DJ LE. Since, I have begun using Traktor Pro 2 and have the controller working pretty well... my only downfall is I believe my hot cue buttons are working as an EQ kill, killing either high, mid or low EQ settings. I would love to use these as hot cue points again, like i did in Virtual DJ. Can anyone tell me how to remap them to do this for Traktor? And if i do remap them to do this, will it change the mappings for Virtual DJ also?

Also, when I use the Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ, a lot of keys light up if they are in use or ready to use... eg the play button may flash if the track is paused. When I'm using Traktor Pro, the buttons only light up when actually active, paused does nothing (which makes it harder to use in dark situations).

All other parts work with the program very well.

So basically I'd like to know how to remap the controller with these two things in mind. I have looked at the controller manager, but i have no idea how to change it or what to change it to so i can have it the way i it should work.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to the forum!

firstly, nothing you change in traktor will affect Virtual DJ. The messages sent by the controller stay the same. For starters, I recommend you have a look at some of the custom mappings available here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24121

see if there's one you like. In terms of custom mappings, the Traktor Bible is fantastic as a guide, but if you don't want to buy that, start with midi mapping for bums, which is free:

http://djbrute.co.uk/?p=67

Good luck!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Hey, well you're on the same pool like many mixtrack owners whether is pro or standard. The mapping for VDJ is actually really good and I like it better than the default Mapping for Traktor, especially the LEDS. There are two different files so it won't affect which mapping you customized.

I started using VDJ, and I still use it for videomixing purposes. So, before I did my own mapping on Traktor 2, I spent a lot of time in the forum trying different mappings and reading a lot about Midi mapping and yeah, "Mapping for Bums" would be your daily reading for a while. It took me a while to get the Mixtrack do what I wanted it to do, especially when I was influenced by the wonderful things that Ean Golden did with the VCI-100. My mapping is far from getting there but it does what I need it to do.

My issue is with the LEDs, they don't light up the way I want to, but I think is just a matter of keep working on it.

Now, you might want to start with THE LIST! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24121 and play around with some mappings that other members already have done! Chances are that you might find something useful here before you do into a crazy Midi journey.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    I started using VDJ, and I still use it for videomixing purposes.
    Thats why i'd still like to use VDJ also. But gota get better at standard mp3's first. Thanks for your thaughts fullenglishpint and aGhost. I'll check out those threads and see how i go.

Thanks heaps.

Hi guys

I seem to find myself in a similiar situation. I've recently converted to Traktor Pro from Virtual DJ, and am in the process of remapping my Mixtrack Pro to Traktor.

Two little things are bothering me in regards to the re-map.

The major one is the operation of the jog wheels. I'm keen to get them functioning similiar to the way they work in VDJ, ie when in scratch mode, they scratch as per normal when pressed, but pitchbend/tempo shift when spun from the side.

I can get the pitchbend working fine in "CDJ" mode, and the scratch works fine in "Scratch" mode, however i cant get the jogs to tempo bend in scratch mode. The way i've attempted to things so far is:

Tempo Bend to encoder when "scratch" modifier active.

However, it either runs +/-1.5% pitch (no neutral) no matter what encoding type i use, or relative/direct modes etc. I think ive tried every combination, yet nothing seems to work

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Cheers

Tech Convert

Jezalenko thats also something i'd like also! I basically want mine to work the exact way it does with VDJ. Then when I learn how to map, I'll make the few little alterations myself. Hopefully someone can help us

Tech Mentor

I remember getting frustrated with that issue. I think I actually didn't use a modifier to map the notes of the jog wheels, but when I got it working my computer fried and I lost my mapping. I don't know if in any of the other mappings around the forum there's one that works that way. If life is not too crazy I'll spend some time working on that this weekend.
    Cheers mates!

Tech Wizard

is there any way someone can post up just how to get the LED'S to work in traktor?
    I would like to do this to my mixtrack but I dont completely understand the bible for bums!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by digi16v View Post
    is there any way someone can post up just how to get the LED'S to work in traktor?
    I would like to do this to my mixtrack but I dont completely understand the bible for bums!!
    That is quite a request! There has been a great deal of articles, threads and mappings around DJTT that talk about LEDs. I think Midi for Bums does a pretty good job...Also on the blog there are a couple artciles...I was just looking at this...http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/

Now, there is not a easy answer to LEDs, since different controllers have different parameters and firmware, so what might work for one controller won't necessarily apply to others. Best advice...do your reading and keep working on that trial and error is what this is all about!

Tech Mentor

Ok guys, so I got the jog wheels working on a pitch bend mode -a la- VDJ, but this solution may or may not apply to your Mixtrack mapping depending on a few factors such as custom mappings or Traktor version. My mapping has been customized but it is based on the default Mixtrack mapping, if yours is as well, I think this might work. Ok, I will try to explain as clear as I can, so:

1. Create an "in" for Tempo Bend (Steepless) Follow the picture for the values
    2. Make sure your type of controller is selected as "encoder"
    3. Do not add a modifier

The tempo bend will only work once the scratch "on" button is enabled in the Mixtrack, otherwise it wont.

I'm by no means an expert midi mapper so I hope this helps!

Happy Bending!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast