Should i ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i ...

Default Should i ...

Get a dvs set up ?

I mean i've wanted one for quite a while now, but are they worth it ?
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

only you can decide that mate. If you really want one, and you can afford it, go for it.

Will it make you a better DJ overnight? Probably not.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

i'm not too bothered about it making me a better dj.

I just want to know if it's worth the money because a set of turntables or cdj's and mixer is expensive and traktor duo or scratch pro isn't too cheap either.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

I got a really good deal on a pair of TTs and it basically spiralled out of control from there. Vinyl feels great. CDJs are pretty nice to play on too. But yes, they're fiendishly expensive. So like I said before, If you really want one, and you can afford it, go for it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I think i will Thanx

Just need to go on the treasure hunt for money now.

I started on a vestax Spin midi controller. And I thought that was the be-all and end-all of what I would need for Djing. Then I purchased an Allen & Heath xone 22 mixer, and ever since then I've never been able to use computer EQs. I got a pair of CDJs and although it took some getting used to, I actually really like the feel of the bigger platters under my hands.

I personally feel like I have more control.

Keep in mind though, I still use my vestax spin for certain events where I don't/ can't bring my full setup or there isn't one provided.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I had cdj 400's and a behringer djx 700 mixer before i turned to using digital gear. And i've used 800's and 1000's before , tbh i hated the 400's for some strange reason i can't put my finger on, i was happy using 800's or 1000's.

And i've never used vinyl so i think it would be fun to try m hand at it. I'll be keeping my X1 for sure anyway.

If you've never tried vinyl, it can be a pretty expensive experiment if you don't really like/get on with it!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

what kind of music do u spin
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Think about all the wires and cables.

I wouldn't recommend anyone going to DVS just to try it out.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast