Can 2 MF's 1 Deckalized, 1 Instant Gratification be used at the same time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Can 2 MF's 1 Deckalized, 1 Instant Gratification be used at the same time?

Just as the title of the thread asks. With Traktor 2 on Windows 7 using a Numark Omni Control as my mixer. Me getting a 2nd MF solely depends on this.
    Focused AB Deckalized
    Instant Gratification

Thank you

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The only issue you'll run into is having to set the correct in/out for each midi fighter up each time you start Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

^^^. Really annoying, imho, but it does allow you to do this as long as you don't mind resetting it every time. Hoping someone will come up with a solution to this soon, or that it will be magically fixed somehow. I was able to change the USB designator of a MIDI fighter so that any other program will recognize it under a new name, but for some reason Traktor isn't able to read that information. There's another thread on this a few threads below.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Convert

Oh okay, thats no so bad, I spend alot of time playing with options in Traktor, so getting to the club early is already standard practice to set up my set, just add it in to the routeen, like how in windows 7 I have to keep resetting the Omni Controls Audio Bitrate so my set dont sound like shit.

Tech Mentor

does this mapping problem happen when using 2 .tsi?? I am running 2 midifighters with the deckalized mapping and never have to set the ports on traktor.. just load and play.
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Interesting. I think I tried with the same mapping on both when I first got more midifighters but I found it redundant to have two with the same mapping; I haven't tried it that way since. Will check it out when I get a chance.

I wonder, by the way, if the new midifighter pros will identify themselves differently to traktor so that you could use a midifighter with a midifighter pro without trouble?

I wonder, by the way, if the new midifighter pros will identify themselves differently to traktor so that you could use a midifighter with a midifighter pro without trouble?[/QUOTE]

I hope so too!

Tech Wizard

I was sort of wondering the same question as the thread here a while ago and decided to just go for it.

The answer: Yes you can!

I use 2 MF's one with IG and one with Decalized Focus.

As for the issues with midi routing: I have not had an issue with routing so long as you don't change the ports that you have your MF's plugged into. It is an issue of first and second.

If you put your IG mapping on MF1 then you will always need to connect your 4banks enabled controller first.
    When I used the same mapping it didn't matter since I put my first MF on A and set it on the left then MF2 on B and on the right. Connect the left one first, then the right one. Easy as pie.

Once I figured this out, I never had any issues with routing since!
    Hope this helps!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

I simply use a USB hub with a piece of tape on it saying which MidiFighter goes in what port. Works great.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

This is odd; I never switch the ports the midifighters are plugged in to, so this really isn't the problem for me. Are you saying when you restart traktor and you have two different midifighter mappings pointed to different midifighters, you don't have to open prefs at all, and traktor already knows which midifighter is which? If that's the case, I must be doing something else wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast