Generic modding tips. - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

you say that this is "madd cheap" ??

Quote Originally Posted by vanaema78 View Post
    You are talking about other companies stealing your creations when your next big thing is gonna be a mix of other peoples creations on youtube?
    Wise words.
    those are my creations.
    in as much as any "mod" can be, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    you say that this is "madd cheap" ??
    $100...and you no longer need an audio interface, and you can easily mix out of your software, while also mixing in youtube or other online sources, with keyboard support for youtube.

Tech Convert

Looks pretty cool, Ill soon be doing similar but without a battery - Been donated an old core2duo sony vaio with a dead battery, snapped power port, barely usable trackpad and fried hard disk.

Those buttons somewhat confuse me. Have you ripped all the keys off the laptop keyboard and replaced some of them with coins?

Plan is to rip out the hard disk and battery and internalise the power brick. In the available space Ill put a fast usb stick booting puredyne, alongside one of those el cheapo small 5.1 usb sound cards stripped down to the bare board. Not sure at this point whether to try and expose the front plate as is (if possible) or just solder on 1/4 inch ports and attach them somewhere to the chassis.

Another idea I was toying with was to use an old wooden case/box with a hinge down the middle. Would make fitting everything easier and could probably be made quite neat. A deep enough one should provide a nice way of keeping the laptop safe from adjacent drinks at house parties!

Also does anyone know if a 1.8ghz c2d with a gig of ram will run traktor/vdj without issue?
    Last edited by techro; 02-12-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by techro View Post
    Looks pretty cool, Ill soon be doing similar but without a battery - Been donated an old core2duo sony vaio with a dead battery, snapped power port, barely usable trackpad and fried hard disk.

Those buttons somewhat confuse me. Have you ripped all the keys off the laptop keyboard and replaced some of them with coins?

Plan is to rip out the hard disk and battery and internalise the power brick. In the available space Ill put a fast usb stick booting puredyne, alongside one of those el cheapo small 5.1 usb sound cards stripped down to the bare board. Not sure at this point whether to try and expose the front plate as is (if possible) or just solder on 1/4 inch ports and attach them somewhere to the chassis.

Another idea I was toying with was to use an old wooden case/box with a hinge down the middle. Would make fitting everything easier and could probably be made quite neat. A deep enough one should provide a nice way of keeping the laptop safe from adjacent drinks at house parties!

Also does anyone know if a 1.8ghz c2d with a gig of ram will run traktor/vdj without issue?
    traktir? nope wont run on that. but it will run vdj pro for sure.

yes, i just took the keys off of a keyboard, glued some pennys(2) onto two rows of keys, and voila...button controller. heres the keyboard 'Smart Touch Mini USB TouchPad Keyboard'

traktir? nope wont run on that. but it will run vdj pro for sure.

yes, i just took the keys off of a keyboard, glued some pennys(2) onto two rows of keys, and voila...button controller. heres the keyboard 'Smart Touch Mini USB TouchPad Keyboard'

Tech Convert

Would it really not run?

The official website says any c2d and 2gb ram, could easily upgrade the ram. As for the processor, all their fancy usb addons/scratch 'require' 2ghz so im gonna give it a go anyway may work quite well.

Would it really not run?

The official website says any c2d and 2gb ram, could easily upgrade the ram. As for the processor, all their fancy usb addons/scratch 'require' 2ghz so im gonna give it a go anyway may work quite well.
    sorry, I'm not sure about the specs of your comp. as a reference, my netbook will definitely not run traktor

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast