When mixing, where do you place your X1?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default When mixing, where do you place your X1?

Where do you put your x1 when mixing? i use two turntables and a standard 10" mixer. i just got an x1 but confused on where the best spot to place it is, i can put it between one of the tables and the mixer which works fine for me but if i ever put them in a coffin then that spot goes away and id have to put it on the outside of a table which is weird for me only because hitting cue points for a deck(turntable) so far away seems awkward. i want the x1 centered but dont know where to put it or whats most comfortable.

Also anyone know if the Odyssey Glide style flight cases are a good fix to this, they have a laptop stand but under the laptop stand they have a shelf that slides out that looks like would fit an x1, but idk if then you would have the correct access to the x1 when it hangs over the mixer and such, let me know if youve experimented with this.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hayden14 View Post
    Where do you put your x1 when mixing? i use two turntables and a standard 10" mixer. i just got an x1 but confused on where the best spot to place it is, i can put it between one of the tables and the mixer which works fine for me but if i ever put them in a coffin then that spot goes away and id have to put it on the outside of a table which is weird for me only because hitting cue points for a deck(turntable) so far away seems awkward. i want the x1 centered but dont know where to put it or whats most comfortable.

Also anyone know if the Odyssey Glide style flight cases are a good fix to this, they have a laptop stand but under the laptop stand they have a shelf that slides out that looks like would fit an x1, but idk if then you would have the correct access to the x1 when it hangs over the mixer and such, let me know if youve experimented with this.

On my head. Perfect reach to everything i need.

That's hilarious right there. Thanks for the help bro totally solved my problem....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hayden14 View Post
    That's hilarious right there. Thanks for the help bro totally solved my problem....
    Your Welcome

To answer your question, just place it in a place most comfortable to you.
    I put it on my head cuz that's what works for me.
    Experiment with different positions

By far the most common position is "between a deck and the mixer". I have a pair, used to have one on each side between the mixer and turntables. Now it's both on a side between deck+mixer.

i norm have mine on the right side of the s4 and the midifighter on the left

but thats just whats comfortable for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What about turning it sideways and putting it in front of the mixer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Or.....as a crazy idea, why not just get a coffin big enough for a 12/14" mixer and voila, sit it next to the mixer, padding any extra space with some foam if need be.

Seems the most logical solution to me.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

ideally between the mixer & cdj's.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What about turning it sideways and putting it in front of the mixer?
    I'd always wanted to do this, but with the knobs at the top being oriented with their centers toward the top, they would be sideways (an thus a bit confusing to use) if placed there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast