Setup question (Mixer) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    mixer wont work with trakktor pro 2.
    you need scratch pro 2
    the only difference between tp2 and tsp2 is timecode control. You can still output decks out of separate channels into a mixer. Thats what I do and I've got tp2

alright, my mistake.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Convert

All right, good to know that setup will do fine! Thanks for your help :-)

Silly question maybe, and a solution I've put here on a few of these types of questions, but why not just buy the cheaply priced Behringer DDM4000 mixer?

Has MIDI and is a standard mixer, so can be your mixer and controller in one. Just leave two channels as they are and map the rest to Traktor using MIDI. Then, with something like an Audio2DJ, run both decks to mix externally into the 2 standard channels on the DDM4000. Then, you can use the mixers controls and effects, as well as all the other parts of the mixer to control Traktor.

Always a solution to consider for anyone looking for a cheap way to get a mixer + controller setup.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

Thanks for your suggestion, an excellent solution, but I think I'll stick to the setup mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't find the DDM4000 mixer cheap, as I'm still just doing this for fun and to test my actual interest in DJing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion, an excellent solution, but I think I'll stick to the setup mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't find the DDM4000 mixer cheap, as I'm still just doing this for fun and to test my actual interest in DJing.
    Buy the ddm400 used from ebay or something, you get them for a steal and its one of the best value mixers on the market for new DJs.

as well as, if you dont like it, you can put it back up on ebay and get 99% of your money back from it because they are big sellers.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

@Hoodless: A nice idea, but as I live in Denmark the cost of shipping is pretty high when I buy from Ebay, cause there are none sellers on the Danish edition.
    But I found another Behringer mixer: http://www.thomann.de/dk/behringer_djx_750.htm Crap, or should I give it a go?

DJX750 is ok for beginner level. But if you stick to DJing, you'll soon outgrow it and realise it's limits.

All in all, regarded as a bit of a crap mixer. The DDM4000 is an exception from Behringer, with most of their other stuff, bar one or two other exceptions, seen as cheap and crap.

Their new NOX606 from them looks interesting though!
    Last edited by Bunford; 05-22-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Avoid it like the plague. They have LOTS of known issues.

DDM4K is the way to go - even if it means saving for a little longer.

Tech Convert

All right guys! You're answer couldn't be clearer, thank you :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12