Need advice on what equipment to buy - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I've a slight feeling this advice is a bit anti-Pioneer and perhaps slightly skewed.

For a mid-range mixer, the DDM4000 is perfect. Yes, it has 4 channels, but why reject it because of that? Doesn't mean you have to use 4, just the option is there! If you had 2 CDJs, then decided to get 2 turntables in the future, you could use all 4 at the same time. Also, if you decide CDJs aren't for you and got software, you wouldn't have to buy a controller as you could just MIDI map the DDM4000.

For someone in your situation, it seems the perfect solution as you don't seem too sure about CDJ's, TT's or software. The mixer will smoothly shift between all 3 options without needing to buy further mixer/controller at that point.

Also, here's a review for the CDJ400s from a user who moved from Technics SL1210s which explains some of the features in a simple way: http://www.trustedreviews.com/Pionee...ipheral_review
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

I rate the high end pioneer but it really is a waste to buy the lesser stuff. I mean the 400 is £600. Jesus man.

Besides wasn't the 400 just discontinued? Can you still buy it?

You can set the dn-s3700 to that if you wish. I'd prob use that for practicing but I'm not too sure about it. I'm still looking at other CDJs too but Denon makes great stuff.
    Last edited by DJ g.a.z.e.; 05-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.

And its not that I don't like pioneer they make great stuff they are just out of my budget

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456